3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2008 11:04 AM by jeffsure

Unable to transfer data

matarchie
      I have a connection problem in Contribute.

The first time I connected it worked just fine. The second time it didn't work anymore. It shows an error message with following text: 'Contribute successfully connected to server, but is unable to transfer data. ...'

After I click 'ok' a second message appears with this text: 'Contribute could not verify your connection key. A network connection to the server could not be established.'

Does anybody know what the problem might be?

Thank you in advance.
        • 1. Re: Unable to transfer data
          Elmer_Ott
          Have your received any answers to this problem? I'm having the same issue, but can't find any helpful replys.

Let me know if you do. Thank,
          • 2. Re: Unable to transfer data
            matarchie Level 1
            No, I have not found a solution. I asked several IT-professionals at my work, but nobody knew the answer. Meanwhile I installed Dreamweaver and everything works fine.

With kind regards,
            Matthias
            • 3. Re: Unable to transfer data
              jeffsure
              I have a customer (using Win XP and Contribute CS4) who is having the same issue. I've tried everything I can think of to resolve it, with no success. I tried connecting with another ftp program (Filezilla) and at first, it would connect, but then would disconnect with an error when it tried to retrieve a file list. I then updated the router's firmware, and then Filezilla worked. But Contribute continues to give us the 'Contribute successfully connected to server, but is unable to transfer data. ...' error. I'm able to connect with Contribute CS4 from my office (Mac OS X 10.5.5), so I don't think it's a problem with the site. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.