• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what´s the lasted version of PDF? or somebody has a links about it?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reciently I wonder what´s the lasted version of PDF, cause I found information about it but the most recently I found it was from 2006, and I can´t found anything more.
And about the PDF/X-5 (2010) it´s the lasted version to? or there´r other most recent?
beforehand, thanks.
TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I appreciate it so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, both PDF/X-4 and PDF/X-5 are the most recent PDF/X versions, created and published by ISO on the exact same date in 2008 with a slight revision in 2010. They serve very separate purposes, though.

PDF/X-5 is for special purposes where not all the graphic or profile content is in the PDF file itself. PDF/X-5g allows use of reference XObjects, PDF graphics brought in during display or print from other locations. PDF/X-5pg further provides not only for referenced XObjects, but also reference Output Intent profiles. PDF/X-5n allows for n-color output intents external to the PDF files. For 99.999999% of users, PDF/X-5 is totally irrelevant. (In fact we know of no applications that actually produce PDF/X-5g and PDF/X-5pg.

PDF/X-4 is the mainstream PDF/X standard recommended by Adobe and anyone in the graphics industry who really understands reliable PDF print publishing workflow. It allows and encourages use of ICC color management (keep your artwork and images in their original RGB with ICC profiles color spaces) and live transparency. Only Luddites would advise or require PDF/X-1a, a great standard for the 1990s! PDF.X-4 is supported by Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, and all RIPs/DFEs supporting direct PDF printing via the Adobe PDF Print Engine.

FWIW, ISO TC130 is currently working on the PDF/X-6 standard based on ISO 32000-2 PDF 2.0.

The PDF 2.0 standard is expected to be published by ISO within the next few weeks. PDF/X-6 is probably 2 years off until publication and availability of applications to generate same.

- Dov

(Chair, ISO TC130 WG2/TF2 - PDF/X)

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In fact about the PDF / X I don't knew it until I start to work in a Labels company and I started to know about this.

I don't understand everything (and the information in spanish is limited) but I'm still studying and reading and asking and everything as I need.
thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines