• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Docked Panel Button/Icon

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a panel, as per the directions in the EmptyPanel project, which is dockable (it can be placed on the right hand side as per the color, layers, etc panels).

This panel isn't relevant in all contexts and I have worked out how to disable the menu item associated with it, so I was wondering if there is a way to disable the docked button that expands it as well, as otherwise it renders disabling the menu item moot. Any advice would be great. Many thanks in advance.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

I don't think you can do that. You might be able to hide the panel dock button by closing the panel somehow (not sure if that's actually doable) but I'm fairly certain that even if you could, putting it back in the same place would not be possible.

In the old ADM API there were calls to handle tab groups but to the best of my knowledge none of that has been exposed through the public API. I'm sure they exist internally though that's clearly not helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no API to disable the docked button. It wouldn't make much sense because what if it wasn't docked? Your best bet is to disable the contents of the panel. That could be very easy if you're embedding an OS widget in there (just disable the widget).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, I did wonder that. Is it possible then to remove the button and re-add, if it exists, it in the same place programatically? I found some documentation that refers to tab groups, but I can't work out how to manipulate them. If not, I will just disable the panel's contents, as per your suggestion. It would be nicer if I could remove the button as it negates disabling the menu button otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can do that. You might be able to hide the panel dock button by closing the panel somehow (not sure if that's actually doable) but I'm fairly certain that even if you could, putting it back in the same place would not be possible.

In the old ADM API there were calls to handle tab groups but to the best of my knowledge none of that has been exposed through the public API. I'm sure they exist internally though that's clearly not helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's unfortunate, thanks for the help anyway. I had read about the ADM, a bit of a shame none of that exists anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines