"My Library" does not show in Photoshop CC

Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the CC Photography Plan with the latest update to Photoshop CC 2017.1.1

Screenshot 2017-06-06 11.46.53.png

Screenshot 2017-06-04 20.45.37.png

I understand that I should have a window for Libraries whereby I can store various Adobe stock images or my own images.  I searched other posts where people get error messages about not being able to connect to libraries; however, in my case, they simply do not appear, no error messages involved.

Screenshot 2017-06-04 20.44.43.png

Am I missing something here?  What should I be doing to get Libraries to show up in my PS app?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Hi

First, yes, you're experiencing something unusual so you are correct in reaching out for support.

This isn't a Stock issue or Creative Cloud App thing. "Libraries" should appear in your Window menu : windowmenu.png

You can organize any asset, including Stock images in your Library, as I have in this image. This is a screenshot from within Photoshop...you can also organize your Library(ies) from within Creative Cloud (not the desktop app).

librariespanel.png

My usual first course of action when things like this happen, is reset m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

First, yes, you're experiencing something unusual so you are correct in reaching out for support.

This isn't a Stock issue or Creative Cloud App thing. "Libraries" should appear in your Window menu : windowmenu.png

You can organize any asset, including Stock images in your Library, as I have in this image. This is a screenshot from within Photoshop...you can also organize your Library(ies) from within Creative Cloud (not the desktop app).

librariespanel.png

My usual first course of action when things like this happen, is reset my Photoshop preferences. First, quit Photoshop if it's open. Then:

Press and hold (hold until you see a dialog box) Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Hope this helps. Let us know if it does not solve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

I suspect RaceCarDrivers solution should work. As you have CC2017, an easier way to reset preferences is from the preferences panel itself

reset.png

but before trying that go to the 'Search' option-button on top right of interface and type LIB into the filter. Click on Library Panel in the list

lib.png

If the Library panel service is running the panel should popup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Terri Stevens​.  I tried the search first and got this response telling me Library was unavailable.

Screenshot 2017-06-06 14.00.47.png

Plan B = I reset preferences per the Reset button and all is well again.  I now have Libraries in my Window Menu.

Screenshot 2017-06-06 14.11.55.png

Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joe,

glad everything is now ok. That Search function is really useful if you can't remember where something is. The Preferences are very dynamic in Photoshop and although you may not be altering them yourself , the program writes to them in the background on its own. Sometimes that results in corruption.

Hope you don't mind, but racecardriversr​ gave you the correct answer first, so I switched the correct answer to her-thanks none the less

Terri S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines