• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export to interactive pdf, navigation fails after page 350

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multi-page indesign book exported to interactive pdf.  Both the table of contents and the bookmarks navigation fail after page 350.  If I combine files, (more pages in one file and less files) results are the same, fail at page 350.  I have deleted files in the middle thinking there was something wrong with the file that page 350 ends on but no luck, still fails 350 pages at another file. (help)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

I think at this point you need someone to do hands-on troubleshooting with your InDesign documents. There's something going on within them, but it would take actually seeing them and trying a few things to figure it out. If you'd like, I'm available to troubleshoot it at Pariah Burke - HackHands . If the document(s) content is sensitive, I'd be happy to sign a basic NDA so that I could troubleshoot hands-on with the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly something is on page 350 or 351 that is causing the problem.

1. Does Preflight report any problems (Window > Output > Preflight)?
  2. If the contents of 350 and 351 are entirely text in a threaded story...
    • Choose Type > Show Hidden Characters and look closely for anything unusual.
    • Examine the text in Story Editor (put the Type tool inside the text and press CMD+Y/CTRL+Y).
    • Cut the section of text that is on pages 350 and 351 (or convert that text to a note) and try exporting.
  3. If the contents of 350 and 351 are not entirely a threaded story...
    • Make a backup copy of the document and cut/delete objects one (or a few) at a time and try exporting until you get a successful export. When you do, the last object you deleted is the culprit.
    • If you need help fixing the object(s) that cause the problems, post what you find out about the object here--with screenshots, if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Pariah, if I deselect 20 pages in the middle and export to pdf, I end up at page 370 although there are still only 350 pages of book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you export, does the text from pages 350 and 351 wind up in the PDF, or is that middle section entirely self-contained in a document in a book file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, all text in the book export, total page size 669.  Just table of contents and bookmarks navigation fail after 350.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go back to my original reply and try those steps and report their results. If/when you get to 2.3, make sure you REMOVE the text that would be on pages 350 and 351.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new clue:  my pdf shows (1 of 564) at the top. But there are 667 pages in the pdf.

Here's what I tried last night:

1. deleted text on page 349, 350, and 351

2. published to interactive pdf

3. no change

1. removed pages 330 to 360 from the book

2. recreated table of contents and numbering

3. published to interactive pdf

4. no change

1. removed page 564 from book

2. publish

3. no change

1. publish as a pdf, not interactive pdf

2. no change

1. deleted table of contents

2. deleted bookmarks

3. synchonized everything

4. renumbered all

5. recreated table of contents, no bookmarks

6. published.

7. no change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think at this point you need someone to do hands-on troubleshooting with your InDesign documents. There's something going on within them, but it would take actually seeing them and trying a few things to figure it out. If you'd like, I'm available to troubleshoot it at Pariah Burke - HackHands . If the document(s) content is sensitive, I'd be happy to sign a basic NDA so that I could troubleshoot hands-on with the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines