• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render problem

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original file is a 15 GB video of 1920 x 1080. I just made same hue corrections. But when I put render at render queue it tells me that my final file size will be 1000 GB (aprox)... Clearly useless. Is there any way in which I can maintain my source file size without losing quality?

Thank you so much in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

although the file size is incredibly huge, you may Try some presets from Adobe Media Encoder :

Composition > Add to Adobe Media Encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not understanding how AE fundamentally works and that is causing your frustration.

AE does not simply make changes to existing footage. AE is not a basic video editor (although, those don't technically do that either).

AE is a complex compositing, visual effects, and motion graphics application.

AE works internally with completely uncompressed data. That means, when you import your highly compressed file (which is only 15 GB), AE decompresses it and works with full frame information. So, the size it is when you import it is completely irrelevant to the size the output file is going to be.

When you choose your output and render settings, that and that alone is what determines the size of your file. The default render settings in After Effects is to output a completely uncompressed file. That's fine for an intermediate (although, I would recommend using Cineform or DNxHD codecs in AE's render queue for intermediate files since they're much smaller, but still high quality). Anyway, you can take the intermediate file into Adobe Media Encoder to make your deliverable OR you can send your AE comp directly to AME to make your deliverable.

You probably want to choose the MP4 option and a decent data rate that will get you close to your original file size. But that's all very dependent on what you are planning to do with this video you're making and what you've done to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ValeriaO,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines