7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 6:40 AM by KanikaS

Using Lightroom and Photoshop together, over time Photoshop freezes up

jamiec92968602

I am sorta new to using Photoshop.  For 3 years, I have been using solely Lightoom for all my editing with a very occasion Photoshop edit. 6 months ago, I decided to buy some Actions online.  I found some I love and want to use photoshop all the time for every image.  For 3 months, I make all tweeks and crops in Lightoom, then right click on the image (in Lightroom) and open in Photoshop.  I then run the action on each image.

Here is where the problem starts...after 5 minutes or more in photoshop, it starts to slow to an almost stop.  However, I have to chug on to finish the edits so I can close all and save them back into lightroom.  Sometimes edits of one session can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours.

A second problem (or maybe still part of the first).  Even if Photoshop didn't freeze up, Lightroom will.  This happens after I have "closed all" in photoshop and start to work in lightroom again.  My whole computer then starts freezing.

I feel like the last 3 months I have been waiting for photoshop to churn through actions, then churn through saving images, the make lightroom churn through the final export.  I am so behind.  I am used to only Lightroom and being able to edit a session in 15 to 25 minutes...tops.

I have contacted Adobe support 3 times, each time spending hours on the phone.  They have me perform updates, close and open programs, check settings that I have already researched and set.

I have bought a new computer thinking it was my old laptop.  I have called Dell thinking it was faulty video card driver.

I have a Dell Computer, Windows 10 Home, 16 GB of RAM, 64 bit operating system,