• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator was fast until the past week...now it's slow to open and save files regardless of size. Checked everything including fonts, system , printers and other apps.

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator was fast until the past week...now it's slow to open and save files regardless of size. Checked everything including fonts, system , printers and other apps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Hi elenaa,

Thanks for the Information. If it works fine on guest account it probably issue with permissions or user account.

Please try these steps.

1) Boot system to safe boot with same account and check how it works, if it works fine close all third party running services. For details click here Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

If still does not work,

2) Log in to root account  For details check here How to enable the root user on your Mac - Apple Support

Check how appli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi elenaa,

I see that Illustrator is not performing well for you .

If you are using Windows, please follow these steps Improve Illustrator performance on Windows

If you are using MAC , please follow these steps Improve Illustrator performance on macOS

If this does not help

Please reply with some details like

Operating system(exact version of windows or MAC)

Exact version of Illustrator

Graphic card you are using and when it was updated last time?

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link - I checked it yesterday also  -nothing helps:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have mac os. I read a few forums  -removed old AI preferences from Library/preferences, reinstalled it a few times.

Then I installed AI on Guest account   -it works fast and fine without any problems at all.

can it happened because of the files or folders? - but Photoshop works fine with the same folders and files. really confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi elenaa,

Thanks for the Information. If it works fine on guest account it probably issue with permissions or user account.

Please try these steps.

1) Boot system to safe boot with same account and check how it works, if it works fine close all third party running services. For details click here Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

If still does not work,

2) Log in to root account  For details check here How to enable the root user on your Mac - Apple Support

Check how application works there, If it works fine

• Go to Location ~/Library/Preferences
  • right click preferences folder and click get info
  • Click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.
  • Change permissions to read and write.
  • Click the Action pop-up menu , then choose “Apply to enclosed items.”
  • If you do not see your account there click on plus symbol on bottom left corner and add account and follow same steps

permissions 1.png

Follow same steps for

~/Library/Caches

~/Library/Application support

/Library/Preferences

/Library/Caches

/Library/Application support

Note: If you are on office system ,these (/Library/Application support and /Library/Preferences) folders may or may not allow you to add user , that is completely fine.

Then reboot the system back to normal account

and check performance.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!

It woks fine without any issues in a safe mode.

So I guess it was definitely the problem with permissions ( I've just realized that this had happened 2  days ago after I created pdf file from the client's protected word doc.)

I tried to reboot the permissions in terminal, so now AI save files fine, but I still have this problem with opening files from any folders.

I guess I have to talk to apple support about the system permissions.

Anyway thank you for your help and figuring out the problem. It helps me a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi elenaa,

Thank you for confirming. If you need any further help please feel free to reply back to the same post.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Permissions are definitely not the issue. Opening files of any size is impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi KB Creative,

I see that Illustrator is not performing well while opening files

Please try the above mentioned steps, if it still does not help you, please reply with some details like:

Operating system(exact version of windows or MAC)

Exact version of Illustrator

Graphic card you are using and when it was updated last time?

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines