2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2017 5:42 PM by Cari Jansen

Split A-Master in two

monikacfs Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to split the A-master page in two. I currently have a folder design, which is perfectly fine for printing, but I would like to create a PDF version of the whole folder - front page, documents, back of folder. However, to do that, I need the front and back design of the folder to be on separate pages.

Here is a screenshot:

2017-06-07_1113.png

Is it possible to split that page in two?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Split A-Master in two
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

It would be way easier to just place the PDF into a new two page spread document and then export a new PDF.

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Split A-Master in two
            Cari Jansen Adobe Community Professional

If it has to be done in InDesign (the PDF placement into a new document is easiest) :

1. Start by duplicating the pages that need to be split up.
            2. Then click on the page with the Page tool, use the Control panel settings to adjust the Width and Height as needed (ensure the Liquid Page Rule is Off)
            3. Repeat this for each page.

Tip: Ensure you adjust the position of the reference point so that your content remains in the correct spot when resizing the pages.

Note: I use this technique when I need to break DL flyers that are designed on a single page for the purpose of creating WCAG 2.0 accessible PDFs that have individual pages.