• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mp4 video does not load/play in preview or in LMS - tried different formats.

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried and searched for similar topics, all I found was a discussion that included a HTML5 version of a learning project.

I have a problem with several videos, that are in .mp4 format, that just won't load nor play, even in preview. I've checked whether they are copy protected or otherwise restricted, but they weren't. Also conversion into .flv didn't solve my problem. The videos are not larger than 10 MB.

All I get is the loading bar in the top left of the video-window.

Is there anyone who encountered the same?

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Thanks for your suggestion. I finally found out, after A LOT of trial and error. That the problem wasn't my videos. Well, actually they were, BUT: Adobe never specified anywhere that you only can use MPEG encoded MP4-video files to add into your projects. I re-encoded every video file that I had, and now it works, on the captivate prime based LMS.

Whoever experiences a similar kind of problem: Captivate will not accept H.264 encoded MP4 files, which I find rather strange, but it will accept MPEG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uploading your SCORM zips to SCORM Cloud to test on their platform?  That will tell you whether the issue is with your project or your LMS.  The issue with MP4's not playing locally might be due to browser security.  HTML5 course content should always be tested from a web server environment.  You get that with SCORM Cloud as well.  No cost involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion. I finally found out, after A LOT of trial and error. That the problem wasn't my videos. Well, actually they were, BUT: Adobe never specified anywhere that you only can use MPEG encoded MP4-video files to add into your projects. I re-encoded every video file that I had, and now it works, on the captivate prime based LMS.

Whoever experiences a similar kind of problem: Captivate will not accept H.264 encoded MP4 files, which I find rather strange, but it will accept MPEG encoded ones. It will then, when publishing the project, convert them into FLV files, which then, surprisingly work with Captivate Prime.

ALSO: don't try MOV files, they are not even recognized by captivate..

But thanks for your suggestion, I am sure that would've helped as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. 

What are you converting your files to and how?

I can't figure out how to make a MPEG encoded MP4 

Captivate doesn't recognize .MPEG .

Thanks,

James 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate ships with another application called the Adobe Media Encoder.  You can use this app to encode video files in many different formats to MP4 so that they can then be inserted into Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources