1 person found this helpful
I have been running Photoshop 10 and 11 for the past 3 years and at no time have I had a problem until now. I have not used the application for about 3 weeks and on returning to it I loaded the app, went into edit and immediately the app stops due to a system error "Unable to continue due to a hardware or system error" and I am forced to close the application. With Photoshop 11 I can get into the application and can start to edit an image but within seconds the system fails and aborts.
This is all recent and I know Windows 10 has done an update during the past 3 weeks but I have been running with Windows 10 for 18 months without any problems.
So basically I wanted to know
- Is there a compatibility problem with Windows 10
- and if so, is Photoshop 10 and 11 supported with Windows 10?
- or have I really got a hardware issue?
- The recent updates of Windows 10 are known to create problems especially with older programs. That does not mean you can solve the problems if it's possible to identify them.
- Officially, Adobe only support the latest version (version 15), but many users use PSE10 and 11 with Windows 10 without problems. I can't test them with the latest Windows 10 now, but I think other users may be able to confirm.
- A hardware issue would probably be caused by a driver problem.
I don't have the procedure to look at the crash log in Windows now, but I am confident other users or Adobe Staff can guide you for this troubleshooting step...
I would try updating or rolling back your video driver directly from the video card manufacturer's site.