• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image meta data search engine for Muse

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a search engine in my Muse site that can search the meta data I have entered into hundreds of photographic image files I am using. I have not been able to find anything like that, that can make use of the xmp data I have laboriously entered in Photoshop's File Info. I want my visitor's to be able to locate images by keywords and description. Could this be on Adobe's agenda for Muse?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

I am not sure if Google CSE has the option to search the xmp data but I know that Sphider does and it is an open source search engine, the trick comes when you have to integrate the search engine to a Muse project. It is pretty easy to install it and customize your search profile on the server side but to integrate it into a Muse project you will require a bit of knowledge of Jquery and PHP, I recommend you to, probably, hire someone just to get the first set up to insert the correct code for th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should search for 3rdparty widgets. I am not sure if it really works well with it.

I guess, if it has to be very professional, you should use a proper CMS with a well structured database (I can`t believe, I write this ).

Depends on wether only you search or you want future clients to search.

There are 3rdparty widgets out there which can search, but it would not very automatic in this case to search in your XMP files.

You may also need a coder (a person who can code (is it really me? I need a psychologist ).

Not what you wanted, I assume but …

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure if Google CSE has the option to search the xmp data but I know that Sphider does and it is an open source search engine, the trick comes when you have to integrate the search engine to a Muse project. It is pretty easy to install it and customize your search profile on the server side but to integrate it into a Muse project you will require a bit of knowledge of Jquery and PHP, I recommend you to, probably, hire someone just to get the first set up to insert the correct code for the search box and to call the search results to a page of your liking on a Muse project but once you have this you can just re-use the, say, "master codes" and apply it to any new Muse project you want to by just replacing the url and form names accordingly. Other than that I don't know of any other open source search engines that crawl meta data. I have used sphider before and it works well. Your other choice will be as fotoroeder said: "you should use a proper CMS with a well structured database (I can`t believe, I write this )."

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines