3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2008 10:27 AM by zoom4267

rectangle with 2 sides sqare and 2 rounded

zoom4267 Level 1
      lets say i have the body rectangtle, and i want the top part to have rounded corners but the bottom part to have squrare corners. i cant seem to use the marquee tool to cut off part of it like i do in photoshop. or i can seem to join a rounded rectancle and a square one. to export to make a web page i cant have overlapping pieces. so how do i acomplish this. thanks
        • 1. Re: rectangle with 2 sides sqare and 2 rounded
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant
          If you want hide one side of the rounded, try these methods:

Option 1:
          - Select Rectangle object, add a Layer Mask, activate the Layer Mask Thumbnail, THEN use the Marquee draw what area you want to hide. To Hide paint with Black.

Option 2:
          - Draw a non-rounded rectangle ABOVE the rounded rectangle object. Select both of them, then, Modify > Combine Paths > Punch.

There are other ways, but they should get you there.

h
          • 2. Re: rectangle with 2 sides sqare and 2 rounded
            Level 7
            zoom4267 wrote:
            > lets say i have the body rectangtle, and i want the top part to have rounded
            > corners but the bottom part to have squrare corners. i cant seem to use the
            > marquee tool to cut off part of it like i do in photoshop. or i can seem to
            > join a rounded rectancle and a square one. to export to make a web page i
            > cant have overlapping pieces. so how do i acomplish this. thanks

Use the Rounded rectangle vector shape to draw the rectangle. Adjust two
            of the corners either in the Auto Shape Properties panel, or by pressing
            Alt and adjusting the corners manually.

--
            Linda Rathgeber - Adobe Community Expert
            http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/8.html
            --------------------------------------------------------------
            • 3. rectangle with 2 sides sqare and 2 rounded
              zoom4267 Level 1
              i seemed to have gotten the grouping to work, it diddnt yesterday for some reason.

but the gradiants are still separate, let me try some of your other suggestions

thanks all