2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2008 7:16 PM by Newsgroup_User

states question

phil1943 Level 1
      Hello, just learning Flex and states.
      I have created a new state. I thought a new state was basically a blank canvas to start constructing a new view in Flex.
      However when I start to add components to the stage in my new state, they are positioning themselves relative to components on the base state ?
      How do I start with a clean slate, so to speak ?

Thanks for any help.
        • 1. Re: states question
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6
          Read FB3 help sys or LiveDocs on states, otherwise you will constantly have difficulties.

That said, a new state is always relative to some other state, usually the base state, but can be any other state you indicate.

In your new state you use MXML or AS code to add and remove children so the new state differs from the base state (or whatever state the new state is referenced on), or change properties, etc.
          • 2. Re: states question
            Level 7

"Greg Lafrance" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gdobtv$kig$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Read FB3 help sys or LiveDocs on states, otherwise you will constantly
            > have
            > difficulties.
            >
            > That said, a new state is always relative to some other state, usually the
            > base state, but can be any other state you indicate.
            >
            > In your new state you use MXML or AS code to add and remove children so
            > the
            > new state differs from the base state (or whatever state the new state is
            > referenced on), or change properties, etc.

Or use a ViewStack