Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects cc 2017.2 has stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My daughter used a trail version of After Effects for her school work and every things was fine.  Last night we upgraded to a licensed  single app version and every time we try and open it we get the error message "Adobe After Effects cc 2017.2 has stopped working" and we can't even get the thing started.

Any suggestions?

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

At this stage I would suggest you uninstall and then re-install the entire app via the Creative Cloud app.

If you open the creative Cloud app, find the After Effects CC line, and move your cursor over it you will see a gear icon appear. Click on that and you will have an option to uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get to the preferences because it crashes before it is fully loaded.  I never get the chance to click Edit before this happens.  I tried resetting preferemces to default by doing the ctrl+alt+del during start up to no avail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

continue reading that link and delete the preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rried following the link under  the Reveal Preferences heading (as there is no delete preferences heading) but that link doesn't exist and I can't find a preferences file when I go searching for it.  I am on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reset preferences  you need to hold down Ctrl Alt SHIFT - not Ctrl Alt delete.

You need to do this immediately after hitting the icon to launch Ae.

If you're quick enough you will get a dialog box asking if you want to delete prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, tried this and I got the message "are you sure you want to delete preferences", pressed OK, the software boots up and I get exactly the same issue as above.  Tried 3 times and rebooted and tried again - same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this stage I would suggest you uninstall and then re-install the entire app via the Creative Cloud app.

If you open the creative Cloud app, find the After Effects CC line, and move your cursor over it you will see a gear icon appear. Click on that and you will have an option to uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! great advice. saved me a lots of hours of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried uninstalling, deleting preferences, reinstalling AE and restarting the computer. Still the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

У меня так же осталась эта проблема. Нашел решение: нужно отключить в диспетчере устройств windows интегрированную видеокарту. Тогда Adobe After Effects запускается. Но это вызывает множество неудобств.

У кого-то есть другие решения данной проблемы?

Программу переустанавливал, реестр чистил, настройки сбрасывал, ничего не помогает.

I also had this problem. Found the solution: you need to disable the integrated graphics card in the windows device manager. Then Adobe After Effects is launched. But this causes a lot of inconvenience.

Does someone have other solutions to this problem?

The program was reinstalled, the registry was cleaned, the settings reset, nothing helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue too, and it was due to me closing the workspace window by accident. I had to reinstall Animation Composer and that did it. Somehow, the script code got pooched and messed up the workspace file, so once I reinstalled my scripted software running inside AE all was well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK so I found the culprit... it is the shortcut launcher that is causing the prob. If you go and start the software at the actual file location instead of using either the shortcut in the W10 startup or even the shortcut icon in the ////Programs folder, AE will start. So some how the shortcut is pooching the starting progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines