3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2017 9:01 AM by srishtib8795206

Embed Twitter Feed into InDesign for Publish Online?

kristinp72234325 Level 1

Hello all,  I've been trying to find any information I can about how to embed a Twitter timeline feed (using the embed code from Twitter Publish).  I can easily embed a YouTube video or Google Map or Facebook profile, using the respective embed codes from those sites, but haven't figured out how to use the Twitter Publish embed code.

When I use Object/Insert HTML, it makes a box that includes the text from the code for the link--(The "Tweets by TwitterDev" part in the below embed code sample) but then does not include the widget information at all, and nothing appears when I look at the EPUB Interactive Preview or when I Publish Online and check out the final page. 

<a class="twitter-timeline" href="https://twitter.com/TwitterDev">Tweets by TwitterDev</a> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is there a way to get the Twitter timeline feed code to work, and if so, is there a step-by-step guide for me to follow?

Thanks very much and have a great day!

• 1. Re: Embed Twitter Feed into InDesign for Publish Online?
          srishtib8795206 Adobe Employee

Hi kristinp,

Open Tweet

Click the Click the icon located within the Tweet icon located within the Tweet

tweet1.png

From the menu, select Embed Tweet.

tweet2.png

Then It will give you a code , Please copy the highlighted code

tweet3.png

Open InDesign Document,  click Object>Inset HTML

tweet4.png

Paste your code here, click OK

tweet5.png

It will look like this

tweet6.png

Then Publish Online,

tweet7.png

Regards

Srishti

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Embed Twitter Feed into InDesign for Publish Online?
            kristinp72234325 Level 1

Hello Srishti,

Yes, I followed those exact methods last week when trying to get it to work by myself--both with a twitter feed and an individual tweet. I can get the embed code to appear to look like it works normally in EPUB Interactive viewer (see below images. The Twitter timeline feed looks more normal than the single tweet), but when I hit Publish Online, it's not consistent with appearance. Sometimes the pages appear totally blank in Publish Online, and sometimes it's just the hyperlinked materials from those embed codes that appear.

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 1.21.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 1.26.18 PM.png

But here's the final "Publish Online" version: https://indd.adobe.com/view/65d13262-df13-4331-aa15-88460620ab1e

As you can see, pages 3 and 4 where the twitter pages should be hold only the hyperlink to the timeline feed on page 3. I'm stumped as to why it looks like it'll work in EPUB, but not when I fully publish it online. 

Also, why does the single tweet embed only include the text and hyperlinks and not the full tweet image as well (with the handle and follow button and reply/quote/like buttons)?  Why does it not look like the Preview image of the tweet that is shown in that window where you get the embed code when it's Published Online? 

Thanks very much for your time and help!

• 3. Re: Embed Twitter Feed into InDesign for Publish Online?
              srishtib8795206 Adobe Employee

Hi kristinp,

This is an expected behavior when you embed tweet it will only pick text and links, as shown in above screenshots.

Here is the original tweet.

tweetoriginal.png

and this is how it looks on Publish Online.

tweet7.png

However it will be good suggestion which you can mark. Please share you suggestion here Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards

Srishti