• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying Animation Presets to a ps file imported to AE

Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a logo in photoshop. The composition is comprised of 1 image layer, 1 large text layer, and 1 small text layer. Other than the image nothing is rastered.

Can I import to AE and use an animation preset to animate 1 of the text layers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You can use the "convert to editable text" command to make the Photoshop text become editable After Effects text. And then the text animation presets will work on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the trick I was looking for. Thanks.

Its crazy i have never used that. I use ta just replace the text with an after effects layer. CAVEMAN STYLE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, this should save you a lot of time! Don't forget to come to the forums and hit the green star "correct answer" button on the post you feel has the right answer. It'll help people in the future with the same question find the answer more easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines