• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacing premiere pro clip in after effects

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do replace with after effects comp (cc2017) with a sequence clip (1920 x 1080 29.97) from premiere cc2017 (original video is 1920 x 1080 59.97), and I fix sequence setting to 1920 x 1080 29.97 in after effects and do fit to comp, the video is correct size in ae but stretches out when I check it in pe. Makes it hard to see how what I'm doing in ae is actually going to look in pe..Thanks for your help!..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

If you are monkeying with the settings you may have fouled up the pixel aspect ratio in your composition settings or in Premiere Pro. Unless you are an expert in video formats, compression and pixel aspect ratios you should never see "custom" in a composition setting. Use the defaults.

If that doesn't solve your problem then we need screenshots of the entire UI with the modified properties of the layer giving you problems revealed, the composition selected in the Project panel so we can see the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are monkeying with the settings you may have fouled up the pixel aspect ratio in your composition settings or in Premiere Pro. Unless you are an expert in video formats, compression and pixel aspect ratios you should never see "custom" in a composition setting. Use the defaults.

If that doesn't solve your problem then we need screenshots of the entire UI with the modified properties of the layer giving you problems revealed, the composition selected in the Project panel so we can see the Comp Setting details to the right of the thumbnail, and details and even screenshots of the project in Premiere Pro. To reveal modified properties of a layer select it, press the U key twice, the Print Screen (Windows) and paste to this forum or Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + 3 on a Mac and drag the screenshot to the reply field on this forum.

There should be no fitting required. Everything should work. You have a workflow issue, not a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you..I had the pixel aspect ratio wrong in premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines