you can not click them as if there is an invisible box over top.
its prob a text box
Is there a way to fix this?
we can't read your mind mate... a url or the .muse is needed if you want us to have a look at it for you.
should I scrap it because the widget is not really meant to be a dropdown menu?
yes I would use the menu widget or one of the 3rd party custom options
1 person found this helpful
It sounds like you have a layer issue, try the following:
Create a new layer, just make sure it is on top of the other layers (literally) and name it "top" "menu" or whatever you want...
Select your drop down accordion menu go to "Objects" scroll down to Move to layer...select the top layer (whatever layer you created that IT IS ON TOP of the other layers)
Muse is designed to place any new created elements on top of the other ones by default (even if your element is on a Master page) so if you created your drop down accordion menu before any other element, when you preview or upload the project, the accordion menu will be under those elements preventing form anyone to click on them (even those created outside the Master Page e.g. index or home page or services, etc.)
The other option is that you didn't set your accordion to "Can Close All" and when it is published it will display as "open" and lose all clickable capabilities presenting an overlay or underlay with existent elements on the same space (where it supposed to either overlap or push down the elements, it happened to me once). To fix this just go back to your project and select the "can close it all" and make sure that all is closed before you publish your project.
If this doesn't fix your issue then you need to post a link to the site or upload your project so someone can take a closer look.
No text box or issues with layers as it was on its own layer and "can close all" was already checked off
I Believe it was a combination of when I built the menu I used a composition widget as well as the accordion one. I rebuilt the menu only using the accordion widget this time and it seemed to work once I moved my objects that had links out of the header. I think it was the composition widget and having the "Link Buttons" in the header that caused my problem.
Not sure why these were causing the issues but I figured it out
Thanks for the replies!!!!