• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen focus moves between clips in expert mode at magnification

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Mac Premiere Elements 15 (have used 11 and 14 previously) on a new computer.  I import mp4 video files (1280 x 720)- one in video/audio 1, the other in video/audio 2.  I'm using Expert mode.  I apply the Transformation-Crop tool to video 2 and crop video 2.  I want to edit around the area I just cropped so I magnify it, to say, 150% and move the focus to the crop area (which is relatively small).  I make an adjustment (lighting-brightness) in the color to video 2 which I want to apply to maybe one frame so I clip the frame and make the adjustment.  When I move (via scroll left key) to the previous frame (which is now a different clip), what's visible on the window shifts outside of where it was originally.  This doesn't happen in Quick mode (but I think Quick mode is useless for what I'm doing).  It also doesn't happen if I have video 1 (the non-cropped clip) selected/highlighted and then scroll - only if video 2 is selected/highlighted.  It worked as expected in Premiere Elements 14 on a different computer.  Is this a bug or is something that maybe unique to my computer?

(I tried searching "magnification expert" but didn't find any relevant posts.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I'm just not clear at all on what you're trying to do.

Can you post some kind of screen capture that illustrates what you're describing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following shows two video files being used.  Video 2 is cropped and shown in the smaller box.  This is an example that shows the clear delineation between the two video files.  As you can see, I have cut "Test2.mp4" and it is selected.  This is 400% magnification.

Grab1.jpeg

When I move the cursor left, this is what I get:

Grab2.jpeg

The screen focus has moved away from where it was in the previous screen capture.

In preparing these screen captures, I noticed that, after I make the cut, if I select the Video 1 clip and then go back and select the video 2 clip, this doesn't happen, the screen focus doesn't shift (it looks like any action that de-selects the video 2 clip may work).  So that's a workaround although I would like to know if this is a bug or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry. I don't know why that is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines