4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2017 4:04 PM by Just Shoot Me

Downloading photos

alexisa2602568 Level 1

Hi,

I keep receiving the below image when trying to export my photos. Can you help?

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 9.32.26 PM.png

• 1. Re: Downloading photos
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

According to the message and according to the "!" on each image, those images have either been moved or deleted and are not in the location that Lightroom expects them to be. Consequently, you are looking at only the previews that were generated. Lightroom cannot export copies from just the previews. Do you know what could have happened to the original images?

• 2. Re: Downloading photos
            alexisa2602568 Level 1

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for helping! I am really not sure! Is it trying to find them in lightroom or in my photos? I moved the original ones to folder on my desktop but the ones from Lightroom won't go in there.

• 3. Re: Downloading photos
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Images are never "in" Lightroom. When you import images to Lightroom you designate a folder on your hard drive, either internal or external. The images are imported and placed in that folder. That is where Lightroom points to the images. If you move those images Lightroom no longer knows where they are located. If those images are all in a single folder and you moved that folder then right-click on the folder in the Lightroom library module and choose the option to find the missing folder and help Lightroom find its new location.

• 4. Re: Downloading photos
                Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

LR is a Database program that only references your images from the drive and folder you stored them in. The copying of images from a camera or memory card to your hard drive, internal or external, is done during the importing process or if you have images already saved on your drive that you want to import into LR 100% of the time, if you use the "Add"  option in the import dialog window for LR, those images are left exactly where you the users placed them before you imported them into LR.

The location of where they are copied to is selected by the user in the import dialog window in the Destination area in the right hand panel of the import window.

If you imported and copied them to an external drive then disconnected that drive just reconnect it and restart LR.

If you thought those images where somewhere inside LR and you deleted them then they are gone unless you made a backup of them before you did the deletion.

As stated above no images are ever "IN" LR.