Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the problem as described:

Import problem

Lightroom CC

Mac OS X 10.10.2

Try to import RAW files from CF card - files show in import screen but then will not import

"Import Results"

Some import operations were not performed.

The following files were not imported because they could not be read (1):......."

Then lists ALL files on CF card

I tried copying RAW files to a temporary folder on my desktop but get exactly the same message. Also tried importing iPhone images and get exactly the same message.

This all worked for the first week LRCC was installed and has just started happening after a week.

I found a solution to this in a previous thread:

Thanks for the file. I was able to import it without issue. This means that the file is not the source of the issue, but neither is Lightroom itself. There is something going on on your side that is preventing things from working.

Generally, when things work at first and then suddenly stop working, the problem is with the preference files. These tell Lightroom how to behave and if something goes wrong with them, it tells the program to behave in a way that causes errors.

We'll want to recreate the preference file. Simply delete, rename, or move the file while Lightroom is closed and then reopen. On launch, Lightroom attempts to read this file for instructions, if it not there a new one is created with all default settings.

Here is where the file is stored:

Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

My problem is that i dont have that file in my prefrences. Is that maby the source of my problem? How can i fix it if i cant delete the file?

I only have these adobe files i my prefrence folder:

com.adobe.acc.AdobeDesktopService.plist

com.adobe.CSXS.3.plist

com.adobe.headlights.apip.plist

com.adobe.PDFAdminSettings.plist

I guess the should be a file named: com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist right?

Thanks in advance if you can be of any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

The message you received is poorly worded. What it should say is that the files could not be written, and what it really means in most cases is that the destination folder is read-only. Check the permissions on that destination folder and make sure that it has both read and write permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message you received is poorly worded. What it should say is that the files could not be written, and what it really means in most cases is that the destination folder is read-only. Check the permissions on that destination folder and make sure that it has both read and write permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so mutch!

This helped alot ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines