Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coversion from PDF to Word is still treating text as images, cannot edit text

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I converted a PDF to a Word document. When I open the Word document, it looks right, but the text is not editable. It is just a series of text boxes now, which I can move around and change the shape of, but it's treating the text as images, so I cannot work with the actual text. I cannot cut, paste or edit any of the text, which is the sole reason I purchased the software. Any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Hi Daniellem53627928,

The PDF file that you have converted to the word file what was the source of that pdf? Was it created using the Adobe Acrobat or another pdf maker?

When you convert a PDF file to Word or Excel format, ExportPDF performs optical character recognition (OCR) on the PDF to convert image text to searchable/editable text. If  the PDF you're converting was created from a scanned document, OCR is necessary to convert the image text in that document to rendered text that you can sele

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Daniellem53627928,

The PDF file that you have converted to the word file what was the source of that pdf? Was it created using the Adobe Acrobat or another pdf maker?

When you convert a PDF file to Word or Excel format, ExportPDF performs optical character recognition (OCR) on the PDF to convert image text to searchable/editable text. If  the PDF you're converting was created from a scanned document, OCR is necessary to convert the image text in that document to rendered text that you can select and edit in Word or Excel.

Also check- Can't edit converted Word or Excel file

Check the properties of the pdf document that you have, Right Click on pdf>Document Properties>Description>PDF Producer

Also, try with the different pdf that has an image and see if that works.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources