Please explain in detail what happens when LR "does not recognize" the files. If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.
a window titled "import results" pops up.
it says "The files are not recognized by the raw format support in Lightroom. (943)
A list of my files follows.
"Please click below to check for an updated version of LR"
I did that, no updates available
Your Lightroom 5.7.1 should not be giving you this message, so I need clarification:
- Did you mis-type the name of the camera? Is it perhaps a Canon 1D X Mark II?
- Please go to Help->System Info and report the version NUMBER of Lightroom shown there in the first line.
1. Yes, it 1DX Mark II
2.Lightroom version: 5.7.1 
Your camera requires Lightroom 6.5/CC 2015.5. You have three options.
- Upgrade to Lightroom 6 ($79)
- Subscribe to the CC Photography Plan ($10 a month for Lightroom and Photoshop)
- Use the free DNG converter to convert your CR2 files to DNG files that can be read by LR 5.
Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC
Well I upgraded to LR 6 and the same thing happens.
1 person found this helpful
Have you applied any updates? Lightroom 6 .0 isn't going to cut it. You need at least Lightroom 6 .5. The current update is Lightroom 6 .10 .1. All of these updates are free, but they require action on your part.
That solved it! Thank you!