• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE HELP - Main comp not showing the same as the Precomp

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the second project this has happened on, but same machine and same operator.  My main comp contains a precomp and it does not render the same as it does when I'm looking at the precomp.  My character arms comp isin a scene comp and that scene comp is in my main comp.  when previewing my main comp, my character arms are a randomly rotated, flickery mess.  If I go into the scene comp to fix it, the arms are positioned right where I left them and there is nothing visible to fix.  

I've tried clearing the cache, changing my scratch drive, rebooting, calling IT to check my drives, opened on a different machine and it still does it.  SO it must be me then?!?  I don't have the constant raster button on. None are 3D layers. All the frame rates are the same in all the comps and assets.  There are no effects applied to the precomp in the main comp.   What gives?  Any ideas?  I'm ready to delete the whole scene and start over, but without knowing the cause, I'm worried it might just do it again. 

https://adobe.ly/2rapz3V

Image shows the exact same frame in the main comp (right) and precomp (left)

https://adobe.ly/2sU7RTs

Image shows the precomp scene comp layer stack

Thanks for any advice!
Mindy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see your screenshots due to restrictions on the network where I work. You can just embed them directly here in the forum using the picture button over the reply window.

Do you have the continuously rasterize option checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried clearing the cache, changing my scratch drive, rebooting, calling IT to check my drives, opened on a different machine and it still does it.  SO it must be me then?!? I don't have the constant raster button on. None are 3D layers. All the frame rates are the same in all the comps and assets.  There are no effects applied to the precomp in the main comp.  Render issue.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this rig built? Are the arms animated with any third-party scripts like DUIK or RubberHose? Is the Puppet Pin tool involved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for trying to help! Yes, I used puppet pin and not DUIK.  I try to stay pure Adobe so there's less room for stuff to act up.   I have about 40 scenes and they were ALL built in the same fashion, but for whatever reason this one is broken.  I did have a previous project issue that was causing precomps to reposition, where this changing the rotate.  My Process: Puppets built in illustrator.  Imported into character animator. Added Lip sync and body motions. Exported as QT Cineform with alpha.  Imported into AE, tracked using track motion, position and rotation.  Tracking info applied to a null.  Arms precomp attached to that Null. Arms Precomp was Puppet Pined to create gestures and hand swaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MindyG,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin!

It turned out there was a precomp a few levels deep that did have constant raster turned on.  The source art for the arms was an ai, so I wanted to have clean edges.  I think I just scaled it up in ai and then turned off the raster on the layer and everything went back to normal.  I didn't realize that tiny star would cause problems on the main level if it was nested 3 comps deep...but apparently so

thanks for checking in!
Mindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines