• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Signature Crashes Adobe Reader

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an end user that is running into a periodic issue where when she attempts to save a file that has been digital signed, Reader will become unresponsive and close. However, it doesn't happen all the time. For example, I was standing next to her and when she signed something, it saved just fine.

Anything I can do to help her?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

For me Acrobat was crashing after I chose one of the two signatures available on my system.

I suppose I was impatient enough to not wait for the system to find my first signature and so I inadvertently added a second one.

When Adobe later found two signatures and prompted me to pick one, it became unresponsive after I made my selection, forcing me to end the task (windows).

I performed all of Tariq's recommendations upon restarting (launch as admininstrator, check for updates (were none) and repair

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amerifirstf335759,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Check if you have any pending updates, to check, launch Acrobat > Help > Check for updates. Also, try repairing the application to repair  Acrobat/Reader > Help > Repair installation (Applicable to windows users only)

Also, you may try launching Reader with Admin rights.

If you already have found a solution to this problem, please update the thread with your findings that will help others.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me Acrobat was crashing after I chose one of the two signatures available on my system.

I suppose I was impatient enough to not wait for the system to find my first signature and so I inadvertently added a second one.

When Adobe later found two signatures and prompted me to pick one, it became unresponsive after I made my selection, forcing me to end the task (windows).

I performed all of Tariq's recommendations upon restarting (launch as admininstrator, check for updates (were none) and repaired install.).  Then when it came time to sign my document I was patient this time when I saw no signature available, it took a few seconds for the system to find my signature so I picked it and was on my merry way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines