• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix for constant uninstalling on its own?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects CC 2017 and Creative Cloud uninstall themselves EVERYDAY. I have spent more time reinstalling them than actually using them and yes I am paying for After Effects. I am mainly agitated by this because I have deadlines coming up soon and this shouldn't be happening anyway. I had a better experience with the trial.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes.   That sounds serious.  Have you contacted Adobe Support?  If not, what are you waiting for? I mean you have deadlines, right?

Click on the adobe logo in the upper left of your screen to get to your home page.  Look for the links under the "Support" tab & click the icon that says "contact".

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens a lot to someone i know too so i thought it was common, i will contact them tonight if i can. But any ideas are welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LuniaDea  wrote

any ideas are welcome

Well the first step is try and eliminate possible causes and the only cause I can think of is some anti virus program is uninstalling it.

You could try adding CC and AE to your anti virus'  exceptions list.

Even if this does fix it I would still contact support.  I mean you described this issue as an inconvenience but I would consider it a little more serious than that and

possibly even a security issue. 

Not sure why an anti virus would see these as threats but I can't think of any other reason.

When does it uninstall?  Are you sitting in front of your machine when it happens or does it happen when your away from the computer?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar to Gutter-fish's question: how do you know it is uninstalled? Do you see it in the process of uninstalling, or does it just disappear? Before you reinstall, are you running the cleaner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Stan+Jones  wrote

how do you know it is uninstalled? Do you see it in the process of uninstalling, or does it just disappear? Before you reinstall, are you running the cleaner?

Better question ^^

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i go to open After Effects, it says that it is missing so it then gives me the option to reinstall and repair (?) Creative Cloud. I dont see it happening, I would use After Effects normally, close it when im done and then when i go back to open it, it says its missing and i have to reinstall it. Maybe its an issue with Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please quote the exact wording of the "missing" message.

It may simply be a shortcut association problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system?

That is odd behavior.  I've never know an operating system to uninstall an application on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless maybe windows defender is seeing it as a threat but that shouldn't be happening.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not running software like Deep Freeze by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LuniaDea,

Did you ever solve this issue? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked on FX yesterday, its now gone from my WIN 10/64. All shortcuts (image icons gone.) searched and searched, no AfterFX.exe on my HD. All other support files etc. etc. still here. Orig post was 2-years ago. Any answers??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the correct user account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I only have one account. (admin) no other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines