1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 30, 2017 7:40 AM by fnordware

AE CS6 Rec.709 Color Management?

evatar2

I'm roundtripping shots from Davinci Resolve shot on the BMCC 2.K in CinemaDNG RAW and working in Rec.709, Gamma 2.4. I export from Resolve to EXR (RGB half (No Compression) and bring those shots into After Effects CS6 without a problem. However, I have two questions regarding color workspace:

#1) I'm getting stuck trying to find the working equivalent of Rec.709, Gamma 2.4 in the After Effects project color settings. Instead of Rec.709 Gamma 2.4 it lists:

HD 709-A

HDTV (Rec. 709)

HDTV (Rec. 709)16-235

Rec. ITU-R BT.709-5

Which one of these is closest to Rec.709 Gamma 2.4? I'm assuming the depth should be 16 bits per channel as EXR is 16 bit. Should I be ticking the "Blend Colors Using 1.0 Gamma" box?

#2) In the Interpret Footage: Color Management window should I be selecting whatever the best option for Rec.709 is? Or should I click the "Preserve RGB" box? Is there any benefit to selecting 'None" in the Working Space?'

Basically, I want to be able to import and export the footage with a little loss as possible and without a color shift when I bring it back into the Rec.709 Gamma 2.4 workspace in Davinci Resolve.

Thanks for any help.