• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Notes panel puts box character at start of every line

Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I type a Note in the text area of the Notes panel, there is a little box with an X in it at the start of every line, and it obscures the first letter of the line. The Notes text field is empty at first, but the box appears as soon as I click on the New Note button. The box appears to the right of the cursor, but doesn't move, so when I type a note, it covers the first letter. And a similar box occurs every time the text wraps to a new line.

I think this may have happened once before but I don't recall if it went away or if I did something like delete some preference files. Can anyone help me get rid of the Xboxes? I've tried restarting InDesign and the computer. No luck.

27 inch iMac (late 2015)

OSX Sierra 10.12.5

Adobe CC 2017

InDesign 2017.1 release,  12.1.0.56 Build

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fritz,

Do you mean you want to show or hide notes as shown in the screenshots below?

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ohmnath, I think I have the same problem, and have a taken a screenshot - here: Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.31.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I guess this is something similar to

InD CC 2017: Tables - Header & Footer disappears when duplicating the table.

Strange icons appear in file - how to get rid of them?

InCopy doesn't display words correctly in Story view

You can try the solutions mentioned on these posts...

I do not know of any workaround for this bug

If you want, you can also report this as a bug here Adobe InDesign Feedback so that Adobe InDesign team can have it investigated... If possible, add as much information as possible while reporting the bug(like adding the sample indd document)

-Aman

InDesign Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever marked Aman's answer as correct, please don't. It clearly doesn't answer the issue. Shouldn't the marking as correct be limited to the person who originated a posting?

Currently, the problem is not occurring, so the "bug" may have been taken care of in an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Fritz Hansen​,

We have not fixed this issue since it is not reproducible every time. Also, there is no workaround for this issue currently.

There is no other resolution for your query...Please report this as a bug on the link i have added above, so that it can be looked into.

Correct answers can be marked by both Forum moderators and the original poster of the question.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines