Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lensbaby and freelensed images ONLY import as cropped

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - hoping someone knows the answer to this -

I'm using a Canon 5DMIII, and import all of my images to my computer, then import selected ones into Lightroom.  When shooting freelensed images or using Lensbaby lens (where in both cases, there is no electronic connection of lens to camera), the LCD screen shows blue lines top and bottom of image.  When I import to my computer, the full image (beyond the blue lines) is imported.  But when I import that full image into LR, I get the cropped version, as shown on the LCD screen - nothing above the top line and nothing below the bottom line.

If the full image is in my computer, shouldn't I be able to import the whole image into LR?  I don't think it's a camera setting images shot with "regular" lenses import just fine.

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Patty

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pattyl,

Please check if you have applied any develop preset on import window? also, are shooting in raw only or jpeg+raw. Try and import a jpeg file in Lightroom check if that does the same cropping after import into Lightroom.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I am shooting raw only, I will try jpeg + raw.  I haven't applied any develop preset.

It was suggested to me that the ratio may be set differently in camera for shots taken with live view, which is what I usually use with freelensing or Lensbaby.  I'm going to try to work on that too, but I'm not that quick with working with the camera manual so I will try tonight to see what happens with a jpeg.

But if I have imported the full size photo to my computer, I'm hoping there's a way to get the full photo into LR now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well Lightroom suppose to capture the smart preview of the images, so that you can edit them in Lightroom and export out and it should import the exact view of the image which you see outside the Lightroom. Let's see how it works with the jpeg files, if you have any camera you may try capture some raw images and test it with Lightroom.

Also, you can share one of the raw file with us via Dropbox download link and we can test it at our end.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines