• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph styles not loading for table of contents

Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been creating table of contents pages for years, but when I tried to set up a TOC on my latest document, the paragraph styles aren't loaded. When I tried to save the TOC, I got an error message saying I must choose a paragraph style.

I would if I had something to choose from.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

I will assume that you have paragraph styles in this document, but they aren't showing in the Other Styles section of this window:

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.09.08 PM.png

Is that correct? If so, you might have some corruption in the document. I'd start with doing a Save-As to a different folder (in order to keep your original safe). If the saved version is OK, you're done. If not, I'd Export as IDML, open the IDML, save it then try the TOC again. If that doesn't work, you might try Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will assume that you have paragraph styles in this document, but they aren't showing in the Other Styles section of this window:

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.09.08 PM.png

Is that correct? If so, you might have some corruption in the document. I'd start with doing a Save-As to a different folder (in order to keep your original safe). If the saved version is OK, you're done. If not, I'd Export as IDML, open the IDML, save it then try the TOC again. If that doesn't work, you might try Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines