Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile Sync referencing non existent drive

Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Whenever I launch LR on my desktop, I get a message saying "Lightroom cannot write to the following directories.  Until this problem is resolved, syncing from Lightrioom mobile may not function correctly.    E:". 

After clicking OK,  if I look at the active processes by clicking on the drop down arrow to the right of the Identity plate, It shows "2 photos syncing" (this number has not gotten below 2 in over a month since this problem started).

Similarly, whenever I quite LR, it complains that a sync process is still in progress and should i shutdown anyway.

I don't have a drive "E:".  But for travel I copiy my catalog to my laptop and my images drive was drive on the laptop is "E".  The same external drive containing my images is drive "P:" on my desktop.  So, I figured that on the desktop perhaps LR still thinks 2 of my images are on the E drive.  But, drive "E:" does not show up in my folders panel, which I believe means that LR has no images in the catalog that it thinks are on the E drive.   But, to be sure, I had LR "Find all missing photos".  This turned up 8 images but all of them reference the "P:" drive.

How do I figure out what images it thinks are on the E drive or otherwise solve this problem.

Thanks -- Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Please follow the steps mentioned in Problem syncing photos with Lightroom mobile and let us know is that helps.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

What happens when you move those images to a different location and then reimport them to Lightroom?

This issue happens when there are issues with permissions to the drive containing your images.

Thanks,

AKash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

The problem is that I have no idea which images are the culprits.  The E: drive on my desktop computer is the CD/DVD drive and there is no disk in it.  In LR, the E: drive is not listed in the folders panel either so I'm at a lose as to how to figure out which 2 images are causing the problem.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the Lightroom Preferences>>Lightroom mobile window.

It would look like the screenshot below:-

Scroll to the bottom and you'll be able to see the images causing the issue.

Image result for sync activity lightroom mobile

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,  Thanks for looking into this.  The Preferences screen shows 0 sync activity but the Active Processes screen (down arrow next to Identity Plate) shows 2 photos being sync'ed.  I'm including 4 screen shots.

1) warning that it can't write to the E drive when I launch LR

Upon LR Launch.jpg

2) The active processes list showing 2 images being sync'd

Active Processes.jpg

3) The LR Mobile preferences showing 0 images being sync'd

4)  Warning pop up when I exit LR

Upon Exit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the steps mentioned in Problem syncing photos with Lightroom mobile and let us know is that helps.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Problem solved.  I had been running CC/2015.6 and per the instructions on the link you provided, I upgraded to Cc/2015.10.  This in itself did not solve the problem, but in the newer version when I looked at the preferences screen it now showed entries for the two images.  I clicked on each one, which launched LR on the Web and I discovered that these two photos were taken with my smart phone.  While on that screen, I noticed something I hadn't noticed before.  There was a checkbox in the "Location" section called "Specify Location for Lightroom Mobile images" that was checked and the path was pointing to the mythical "E:" drive.  So I changed the path to my "P:" drive, at which time the two images sync'd and all is back to normal.

Thank you for your help.  I must have looked at that screen 10 times without noticing that path.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great!!

I am glad to know the issue is resolved.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the thing that fixed my sync issues!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines