• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Area Measurement - Measurement Line

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustratingly I cannot find the solution! Suddenly and without warning when I use the area tool, instead of the measuring line (not to be confused with the final outline) being a straight red line its a red 'bubble' line. This makes it very hard to follow what I'm measuring. How do I restore the measuring line so that it's a straight line again? Help needed please

Line while measuring:

Area after completing measurement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

The properties of the Area tool are based on the properties of the Polygon tool. So somehow the default properties of the polygon tool got changed. Bring up the Properties toolbar. (Ctrl/Cmd + E). Go to your polygon tool and draw a polygon. You'll notice that the cloud line style is selected.

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 11.36.21 AM.png

Change the line style to a regular straight line. Then right-click on the comment you just made and choose "Make Properties Default." That should fix it.

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 11.37.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The properties of the Area tool are based on the properties of the Polygon tool. So somehow the default properties of the polygon tool got changed. Bring up the Properties toolbar. (Ctrl/Cmd + E). Go to your polygon tool and draw a polygon. You'll notice that the cloud line style is selected.

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 11.36.21 AM.png

Change the line style to a regular straight line. Then right-click on the comment you just made and choose "Make Properties Default." That should fix it.

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 11.37.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much - that did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines