1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 13, 2017 10:52 PM by Mylenium

Merging/Tracking Hand Masks

renzom

Hello,

I am currently completing a video which shall be shown as a biography of my Uncle's (painter) life at an art gallery.  Following a search through a site containing royalty-free stock footage, I began to edit a clip showing hands sculpting, however, the mentioned hands had many wrinkles (individual must appear younger to "fit" in the supposed sequence of events).

In order to remove the wrinkles, I duplicated the (video) layer many times, masking and blurring a single area in each.  Although the result was successful for a single frame, it required a great number of "Mask Shape" key-frames to be applied to nearly every mask in the project.*

How would one merge the masks into a larger mask or track the hands to "fast blur" specific wrinkles (or simply achieve the desired result)?

Thanks.

*The link to the project is below:

http://www.filedropper.com/clayhands

• 1. Re: Merging/Tracking Hand Masks
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You don't. AE has no such feature. If at all you would do it in mocha, but even then it's quite likely going to be a lot more complicated than just drawing the masks once and hoping they would magically track. Such stuff still requires a lot of manual labor. Welcome to the world of "fix it in post" VFX work.

Mylenium