6 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2006 9:57 PM by truly_great

Jumping to a URL when swf is done

Devin_Goldberg
      Thanks in advacne for any help. I have created a fals for an intro page. Upon completion of the flash, I want the flash to cause the page to change to a different page. Does anyone know which script to use and whch fram to place it on. FYI....my swf has three layers (don't know if that matters)

Thaks again!!!
        • 1. Re: Jumping to a URL when swf is done
          Level 7
          just make a new layer - scroll to last frame and select frame in new layer - hit F7 (blank keyframe)
          then open actions panel (F9) and type:

getURL("/newPage.html");

That's it - the playhead will trigger the frame action - you did it correctly if an "@" icon appears
          in frame.

--> Adobe Certified Expert *ACE*
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

Devin Goldberg wrote:
          > Thanks in advacne for any help. I have created a fals for an intro page. Upon
          > completion of the flash, I want the flash to cause the page to change to a
          > different page. Does anyone know which script to use and whch fram to place it
          > on. FYI....my swf has three layers (don't know if that matters)
          >
          > Thaks again!!!
          >
          • 2. Re: Jumping to a URL when swf is done
            Devin_Goldberg Level 1
            will try....thank you
            • 3. Re: Jumping to a URL when swf is done
              Devin_Goldberg Level 1
              This kinda worked......I replaced the getURL("/newPage.html"); with getURL("/www.-------.com"); I did this because i have my .swfs in a flash folder within my site. The problem is that once the movie is over, it is looking for the url within th same directory that the flash resides.

Thanks again
              • 4. Re: Jumping to a URL when swf is done
                Level 7

Devin Goldberg wrote:
                > This kinda worked......I replaced the getURL("/newPage.html"); with
                > getURL("/www.-------.com"); I did this because i have my .swfs in a flash
                > folder within my site. The problem is that once the movie is over, it is
                > looking for the url within th same directory that the flash resides.
                >

all you had to do was check help files for getURL action to find what you need.

getURL("/www.-------.com", "_blank");

--
                Regards

Urami

--

Happy New Year guys - all the best there is in the 2006

<urami>
                http://www.Flashfugitive.com
                </urami>

<web junk free>
                http://www.firefox.com
                </web junk free>
                • 5. Re: Jumping to a URL when swf is done
                  Level 7
                  Devin - when you sais "page" i assumed you meant a new html page - but now you mention SWFs in a
                  folder - if you want to dynamically load external SWFs then you need the loadMovie command which
                  would eliminate the need for the getURL command as you wouldn't ever leave the previous HTML page -
                  can you explain exactly what you want to load?

--> Adobe Certified Expert *ACE*
                  --> www.mudbubble.com
                  --> www.keyframer.com

Devin Goldberg wrote:
                  > This kinda worked......I replaced the getURL("/newPage.html"); with
                  > getURL("/www.-------.com"); I did this because i have my .swfs in a flash
                  > folder within my site. The problem is that once the movie is over, it is
                  > looking for the url within th same directory that the flash resides.
                  >
                  > Thanks again
                  >
                  • 6. Re: Jumping to a URL when swf is done
                    truly_great
                    Don't know if this will answer you question, but if you are typing getURL(www.something.com/somewhere.html) there needs to be an http:// before the www or it will keep looking for it from your current directory.

Thia