2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 7:37 AM by stefaniea57611104

Poster Printing - Including marks where to cut and stick

stefaniea57611104

Hi,

I have an inkscape document which is Din A2 size. I want to convert it to a PDF-File containing Din A4-pages which can be printed out on home printers and then easily cutted and sticked together.

I tried various times (printing PDF in Din A2, then again printing in Din A4 using the poster function) but

-  how can I include a border on every Din A4-page to make sure that everything lies within the printable area

- without shrinking the original size of the document

- including marks ON the sheeds, ideally numbered, showing where to cut and stick

- as it is not a poster but a pattern it would be fine seeing these marks even after having cut and sticked

I hope one can help and plese tell me, which Adobe-Version I need - currently I have a test version of Adobe DC and I just don't come through.

Thanks so far!

[Moved out of (the mostly defunct) Print Design forum and into an Acrobat-specific forum - moderator]

• 1. Re: Poster Printing - Including marks where to cut and stick
          jdanek Level 4

There are a couple of ways to do what you want, 1.) is using Adobe Illustrator, the other is using 2.) Adobe Photoshop:

-  how can I include a border on every Din A4-page to make sure that everything lies within the printable area

Open the Inkscape file using 1.) Illustrator > View > Show Page Tiling; use the Page tool and print the selected page area; in other words, align the Page to where you want to print, but instead of printing > Save As > PDF.  2.) Using Photoshop, open the Inkscape file as a .tiff @ 150ppi @ RGB ( or CMYK ) > Set the Rectangle tool to a size slightly smaller than A4 ( you will have to determine how much bleed you will want to include in the capture > in PS use guides to divide the original poster into A4 sections > use the Rectangle tool to select each tile > Copy each tile and paste into a new PS document > Save As > Photoshop PDF.

- without shrinking the original size of the document

The methods above will not shrink the original.

- including marks ON the sheeds, ideally numbered, showing where to cut and stick

You would be better off using Illustrator for that > Open PDF created above ( one of tiles ) in Illustrator > you should see the page margins used in the print-to-PDF op > manually add trim marks and tile number.

- as it is not a poster but a pattern it would be fine seeing these marks even after having cut and sticked

Yes, but you probably won't because each page will be trimmed to assemble the final poster.

• 2. Re: Poster Printing - Including marks where to cut and stick
            stefaniea57611104 Level 1

Thank you very much for your help, this is a great support!