• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 16 when opening InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First was asking for repair... I have done all I was told to. Today I installed CC with no trouble Indesign and Bridge. I have been working with them all night long and when i need to open again Indesign... Error 16, asking me to re install the Indesign app. Ok I come to the forums and did my search... find the answer and when I was trying to correct the settings as it is said at help. I found those folders does not exist between my files... When I try to launch Bridge from CC the CC app change the screen saying no apps were installed!!! SO I sign out from CC. and then try to sign in again... and then the famous window asking for repair appears AGAIN.

I really don´t know what else to do. Before all theses I have uninstalled Panda antivirus, thinking was that. Insall other Av (AVG) and then install again CC app and everything seems to be ok, installed Indesign and Bridge and worked over almost 6 hours with no trouble... till now. Any help please?

Now the  funny thing to make it more interesting is that I can´t uninstall any of the CC apps! So I guess I will have to run the cleanner AGAIN! this is nuts, I suscribed to CC because was the only way I couid afford Indesign, but for the last - can´t remember  2 or 3 weeks now - I have been dealing withall these problems and making my magazine was really a brutal headache, and Is not the idea, because I have a magazine to edit every single month... So I really need help!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Diegobh71 were you ever able to successfully locate the SLStore and AdobePCD folder?  If not then you will continue to receive Error 16.  You can find complete details on how to locate the hidden SLStore and AdobePCD folders at Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud​.

If you continue to encounter Error 16 then can you please post a screen shot of what you do discover instead of the SLStore and AdobePCD folders?  For details on how to post a screen shot see FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diegobh71 were you ever able to successfully locate the SLStore and AdobePCD folder?  If not then you will continue to receive Error 16.  You can find complete details on how to locate the hidden SLStore and AdobePCD folders at Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud​.

If you continue to encounter Error 16 then can you please post a screen shot of what you do discover instead of the SLStore and AdobePCD folders?  For details on how to post a screen shot see FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the folders you mention, but can´t do  this... "Select Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object." because the check box is not there!

Sin título-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diegobh71 the locations of the SLStore and AdobePCD folder are listed in the document referenced in message #1 of this discussion.  They are as follows:

SLStore

ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore

Adobe PCD

Windows 32 bit:  Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\

Windows 64 bit: Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ Adobe PCD\

If you are not seeing the folders then you will need to make to turn on the option to view hidden files and folders as discussed in the document in message #1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only folder found in place was SLStore but when I come to make the properties check couldn't select as I have post before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diegobh71 please contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care so that the file permissions on SLStore and the Adobe PCD folders can be corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff I have contact  Customer Care, but they couldnt help me remotly because Windows does not allow to change from Spanish to English ... and the agent did not know Spanish, So back to the SLStore and Adobe PCD folders. I found them and make the shanges that you told me before. My question is... after that Creative CLoud says it is still damage or not install and need to install it. Thing I will be doing. Now, Do I have to check SLStore and Adobe PCD folders after installing and do the changes again before using the Indesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diegobh71 you should not need to keep adjusting the file permissions for SLStore and Adobe PCD.  If you continue to need to adjust the file permissions then please review the computer for any installed security software which is affecting the permissions for these folders.

You mentioned that you are now getting a message that the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application is damaged Diegobh71.  If you are currently receiving this error then see Error: "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem" for steps to resolve the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already try that and did not work. what I need to know is if I have to do "adjusting file permissions" after installing all again. To be honest I`m going mental with this. And CAN`T believe that Adobe Care don`t have people trained in Spanish language. That sucks, because they sell us the subscription in spanish, the CC and programs in Spanish!!! But no the Adobe Care is just in English. Sorry but I have to tell it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, yesterday after installing InDesign and CC I have work with it and before shutting down my notebook I have log out from CC which I have change preferences es so it want start at start up... and then made the change of permissions at SLStore folder as told.save changes and wait till today. (Almost 12hours later) start my notebook and then InDesign and... it worked!!! Now is late night and I am working again with it after having my notebook off for a couple of hours again. It seems problem fix. Will post in a few days if this is still working lol. Thanks for all the patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for the update Diegobh71.  This is a frustrating situation for sure.  You may want to consider leaving your task manager running for the next couple days Diegobh71.  This will allow you to see if there are any unexpected applications running that might be adjusting the file permissions for SLStore.

Diegobh71 if needed I can request that you be contacted via telephone from someone who does speak Spanish.  It does take two to 3 business days for the call back to arranged, especially with the July 4th holiday, but I can make the request if you would like.  Please make sure to verify your contact information is up to date on http://www.adobe.com/ as I will be utilizing the details under your account to make the call back request.

I am sorry that you continue to face these difficulties Diegobh71.  Please feel free to update this discussion as needed.  You can also utilize the translate feature at the bottom of each post.  This will translate from English to Spanish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff! Thank you very much. Believe it or not I think I found the problem at last. A portable version of Adobe Photoshop that I have seems to be the damn problem. I have just subscribe to Photoshop CC and delete the other one. Installed all and make the SLStore permissions changes as before again. Restart my notebook and everything seems to be working ok. Of course will be checking all for a couple of days but till now works. Never thought about it before...  Thanks again for all the patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes complete sense Diegobh71.  Perhaps you were inadvertently launching the portable version?

I will look forward to your update later on this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May be. May be. Will be checking and post about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have chated with Adobe support and found a solution installing InDesign CC 2017 directly, of course have installed the Creative cloud again but I have unmarked start when launching System. And seems it work till now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Diegobh71!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it seems that what I thought was fixed, happened again. Error 16 with Indesign. Tried to fixed it doing what you suggested me at your first answer, but I couln´t find the SLStore Folder, doesn´t exist were it has to be. So I could not do what the link you post says...  this is very annoying, because I have been using Indesign without problem the last two days and then when I try to open it again to continue working, Error 16. I try to open Creative Cloud instead and it says error 130.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diegobh71 can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing inside the Library/Application Support/Adobe folder?  Details on how to post a screen shot can be found in post #1 of this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can´t post a screen shot asyou ask because that folder does not exist in my System. (windows 10) Can´t find it.

Yesterday have again use the Creative Cloud cleaner and re installed Indesing, work great, but never close the app till I finished using my notebook. I have just start my notebook around 10 minutes ago and open Indesign. Again error 16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have search inside every single folder that I have in my system about adobe and nothing about Library/Application Support/Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for being a pain, but this is just driving me crazy. I´m installing again creative cloud and Indesign. I´m thinking of connecting tomorrow with the adobe chat and ask them to remote to my System and take a look at it, because I can´t with it any more. I´m starting to think I´m cursed with CC. On the other hand I´m also thinking in buying a new desktop pc with more ram etc. and see what happens... need the indesign to work with...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines