hrgold

Hello

I am trying to install a custom metadata panel in Photoshop and Bridge CC

(most current) on Mac.  I took the DICOM.xml panel in the path:

Applications/Adobe Bridge CC 2017/Adobe Bridge CC

2017.app/Contents/Application Data/Custom File Info Panels/4.0/custom

and copied and modified it for my use.  It does not show in Bridge.  This

system is installed in a corporate environment that we do not have

administrator rights to, though we had IT install the custom panel in that

path for us as we could not write to it.  Obviously the DICOM.xml panel

which is part of the default install works fine.  We need to do the same

for Photoshop.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Howard Goldstein

Digital Imaging Strategies

[Personal info removed by moderator - please do not post personal info such as email address, telephone etc]

• 1. Re: Custom Metadata Panels
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I do not know if this information will be helpful or not.  You seem to be running on a Mac and I use a Windows PC.   I also was not aware of "Custom File Info Panels/4.0/custom" path and where these paths are install on Mac will be different then where they are installed on Windows.

I have 6 Version of Adobe Bridge and 9 version of Photoshop installed on my PC.

Searching my machine is see 6 "Custom File Info Panels/4.0/custom" Paths on my windows machine.

Three of the path are in three different Adobe Bridge version.

One Paths is in "\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\XMP\ "

Two Paths are in Photoshop CC 64Bit version and 32 Bit version.   

Photoshop CC supported  Adobe's Min Bridge extension it used Flash panels that support was removed in Photoshop CC 2014. So the  "Custom File Info Panels/4.0/custom" stuff may only be usable where flash panels support is available. I do not see any  "Custom File Info Panels/4.0/custom" path in any version of Photoshop other than Photoshop CC and I do not see any path  "Custom File Info Panels/4.0/custom" in any Adobe Bridge version before Bridge CC.

Your Panel may work in Photoshop CC. The the custom file info panel stuff would need to be converted to HTML 5 panels...

Capture.jpg

• 2. Re: Custom Metadata Panels
            hrgold Level 1

JJMack-

Thanks for your reply.  Newest version of Photoshop CC is the only version ever on this computer so the paths would have been set by that install and not left over from an older install.  I can't imagine that the older Flash panels would work with this version.  The fact that we copied the installed DICOM.xml file and adapted it for our use and it still doesn't work baffles me.

• 3. Re: Custom Metadata Panels

"Custom File Info Panels/4.0/custom" is in the Bridge in you look into the contents of that tree you will see many *.SWF flash files.   Bridge may have flash Panel support.  The code "Custom File Info Panels/4.0/custom" was also in Photoshop CC that hads Flash Panel support.  The support was removed in CC 2014.  The Path

"Custom File Info Panels/4.0/custom" is not in CC 2014, cc 2015, cc 2015.5 or CC 2017  your custom panel may only be able to be used in Bridge.  You panels may need to be re-done using HTML5 for the latest version of Photoshop.  I do not know for sure I do not create Photoshop extension. I do know the Mini Bride extension was not recoded in HTML5 so the extension is no longer supported in Photoshop CC 2014 and newer.

• 4. Re: Custom Metadata Panels
                hrgold Level 1

i had tried in photoshop only.  I will try it in Bridge.  When you say the panel needs to be re-done in HTML5 for the latest Photoshop, what does that entail?

• 5. Re: Custom Metadata Panels

Can not answer I do not create Photoshop Extension.  I created one a lonf time ago and did not like the fact the I would need to redo it for every new version of Photoshop because of the wan Adobe changes Photoshop.  You would think that Adobe would maintain Photoshop with backwards comparability so what uses developed for one version of Photoshop would worn with the new version.  So I never create a HTML 5 panel for Photoshop....

• 7. Re: Custom Metadata Panels
                    hrgold Level 1

Unfortunately I had seen this llnk and it did  not solve the problem, but thank you for the reply.