4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2017 8:06 AM by Liz, Typekit Support

Typekit Font Issues

lordkathryn Level 1

Is anyone else having crazy issues with Typekit fonts? I see that Adobe updated Typekit so that you can only have 100 fonts synced at a time without upgrading your plan. But with files that I had previously designed, I have to go in and essentially re-sync and re-apply my font styles to every piece of text. This, ontop of the usual font syncing problems has put a huge damper on my work flow the last few days...

• 1. Re: Typekit Font Issues
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Moving to Typekit

• 2. Re: Typekit Font Issues
            Liz, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

Hi there,

All Typekit plans have always had a sync limit, but you may not have realized that there was one until some recent website updates for multi-sync:

https://blog.typekit.com/2017/06/08/sync-multiple-fonts-easily/

In the "Managing your synced fonts" we talk about the new sync meter you see when you add multiple fonts at once, which we hope will help our customers find their plan limit and current use numbers more easily.

Typekit doesn’t block you from syncing new fonts if you're over the limit for your plan, but we display a message letting you know that you need to remove some of your current selections or upgrade to a plan with a higher sync limit.  Remember that you can add or remove fonts from your sync selection as often as you'd like–you aren't locked in to any set of fonts.

I hope that this helps; let us know if you have any other questions.

--liz

• 3. Re: Typekit Font Issues
              Inge Raemaekers

Hello,

I too am having trouble with Typekit since latest update.

Fonts I could use before, now suddenly don't sync anymore. (I have 30 / 100 fonts sync'ed, not even near the limit)

A warnings pops up in Muse (when opening) that the document uses typos from TK that aren't available with my current subscription. And that I need a upgrade.

When I go to my account, it says I can sync up to 100 fonts... Strange things!

Your advice please...

Best regards,

Inge

• 4. Re: Typekit Font Issues
                Liz, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

Hi Inge,

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this. Muse uses web fonts from your Typekit subscription, which are separate from the fonts that you have synced to your computer through the Creative Cloud desktop application.

> A warnings pops up in Muse (when opening) that the document uses typos from TK that aren't available with my current subscription.

We'll need to take a look at your account information to see why you're getting this warning.  Please email support@typekit.com with:

• the email address you use for Typekit
                • a screenshot of the warning the you see in Muse. Here are instructions on how to take a screenshot, in case you need them: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Thank you,

-- liz