1 Reply Latest reply on May 23, 2006 10:43 AM by ntsiii

Yet another ComboBox question

captn steve
      Ok I have two ComboBoxes on a page. One is a child and the items in the list depend on the other combobox. This is a data editing page so I wrote code in the First comboBox to not only bind the list but to automatically select the correct underlying data value depending on the record you are on. Now I'd like to have the second ComboBox be bound to a list of values that depends on the selectedItem in the first box. While I'm sure using the selectedItem property as a filter will work fine, I can't figure out for the life of me what Event needs to kick off the Web Service call! There is no click happening, no user interaction selecting a new item in the list, simply the data binding changes because a different item is controlling the selectedItem in the first box.

Well that sounds like it doesn't make much sense when I read it back, but I don't know how else to describe it. Any suggestions on what Event would fire when a comboBox selectedItem changes programatically? Change doesn't work, dataChange doesn't work and I'm not sure what else to try.

Steve