5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2017 6:02 AM by cgrimley

Load Files into Stack not working

dydygrl Level 1

It doesn't matter how many images I am trying to load into a stack, when it starts you can see it start to load them as separate layers but then it reverts back to the start screen. Every single time. I have no idea what is going on. This is a function that I use regularly. My PS and Creative Cloud and my computer are all up to date. Any answers to whatever is causing this would be super helpful!

PS.gif

• 1. Re: Load Files into Stack not working
          jbm007 Adobe Community Professional

can you try resetting your preferences?

FAQ: How do I reset my preferences?

• 2. Re: Load Files into Stack not working
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

What are you using?  What OS which creative cloud version of Photoshop?

I just tried loading 223 file into a stack Windows 10 Photoshop CC 2017.1.1 many different size and aspect rario image files no proble here.

Capture.jpg

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Load Files into Stack not working
              Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Functions like that are scripts that join up other smaller functions.  Photomerge is a good example.  Where the photomerge tool doesn't work, you can still load the files into layers, and use Align layers followed by blend layers to get to the same end result.  When scripts get broken, a reinstall should fix it, but you could try coming at it from a different direction like Bridge.

• 4. Re: Load Files into Stack not working
                JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Adobe's load files into stack script use at least three other scripts in the stack scripts only folder.  Bridge will use Photoshop and Photoshop will use Load Files into Stack script.

// BEGIN__HARVEST_EXCEPTION_ZSTRING

<javascriptresource>

<name>$$$/JavaScripts/LoadFilesintoStack/Menu=Load Files into Stack...</name>

<eventid>6F17BFA7-EFC8-40EA-B850-7B95ED8EA713</eventid>

</javascriptresource>

// END__HARVEST_EXCEPTION_ZSTRING

*/

// debug level: 0-2 (0:disable, 1:break on error, 2:break at beginning)

//$.level = (Window.version.search("d") != -1) ? 1 : 0; // This chokes bridge

$.level = 0;

// debugger; // launch debugger on next line

// on localized builds we pull the $$$/Strings from a .dat file

$.localize = true;

// Put header files in a "Stack Scripts Only" folder.  The "...Only" tells

// PS not to place it in the menu.  For that reason, we do -not- localize that

// portion of the folder name.

var g_StackScriptFolderPath = app.path + "/"+ localize("$$$/ScriptingSupport/InstalledScripts=Presets/Scripts") + "/"

+ localize("$$$/private/LoadStack/StackScriptOnly=Stack Scripts Only/");

$.evalFile(g_StackScriptFolderPath + "LatteUI.jsx");

$.evalFile(g_StackScriptFolderPath + "StackSupport.jsx");

$.evalFile(g_StackScriptFolderPath + "CreateImageStack.jsx");

Capture.jpg

• 5. Re: Load Files into Stack not working
                  cgrimley Level 1

I had similar issues and it ended up being a jpg with internal corruption.

In your video clip it appears to proceed until it gets to some particular image and then crashes.

For me, Photoshop would crash with load into stack as well as fail to open the corrupted image directly, with the message:

Could not complete your request because of a program error.

In my case, I did a screen capture to create an alternate image file, and Photoshop was happy with that.

So I think probably Photoshop is fine, and sometimes you just have bad jpg file.