3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2017 1:16 AM by JJMack

Cintiq 27qhd Touch Win 10 + CS6 side button erase has no pen pressure but Intuos does

wiiseong

Ah please help. I'm on windows 10. I just got a new Cintiq 27qhd Touch, upgraded from an Intuos 4 M. My intuos has perfect input and pen pressure and one of the side buttons that is keybound to "erase" works and gives me pen pressured erasing as I hold it down. I'm also on the newest Wacom drivers (6.3.22-6) and I have bounced back and forth between this and the last one 6.3.21-10.

I need to use CS6 because it has mini bridge and CC 2017 does not. It is really important for my workflow.

My cintiq has pen pressure issues in CS6. At first I got the infamous blobbing and jittery lines. I had not yet keybound "erase" to my side button. During this time I was trying all the common fixes for the pen pressure which include

• trying different drivers and rebooting
      • changing usb ports
      • messing with Pen and Touch settings turning flicks off and turning off and on the Press and Hold
      • turning off and on "use side button as double click"
      • turning off and on windows ink for the applicationg in the wacom settings
      • instead of using the "erase" setting, i tried manually keybinding in the wacom settings to "e" which is photoshop's default for erasing
      • I turned off and on the tablet input service
      • i restarted the wacom professional service
      • I tried making  2 different PSUserConfig.txt (and also versions of it without the .txt in the file name) files for making it use Wintab and the other one for making it use Wacom Professional service. Nothing seems to change.
      • turning off touch input.

Some really important observations.

I have Photoshop cc 2017. In CC2017, i have the same keybinds for my cintiq pen and the "erase" keybound side buttons DO give me pressure sensitivity as I hold it and draw. It works as intended.

In CS6 I have some intermittent pressure sensitivity issues with regular drawing input (for cintiq) but its not as common anymore. They keybound side button erase has no pressure sensitivity unless I press the button and draw at the same exact time. but it only lasts for that one line. As long as I time it perfectly, I get pressure sensitivity. It seems like something is forcing the cintiq/pen to not recognize any pressure sensitivity when the side buttons are pressed. What is happening here?

Using E on my keyboard-- Holding it down as I draw--- toggles the eraser and gives me perfect pressure sensitivity.

So this leads me to think the Cintiq 27qhd and Photoshop CS6 conflict. My Intuos 4 M works perfectly with CS6 and CC 2017

Please, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Is this a bug that photoshop has with cintiqs or is it the other the way around? both CS6 Mini Bridge and using Erase on my side buttons is very important for me.

Thankyou

• 1. Re: Cintiq 27qhd Touch Win 10 + CS6 side button erase has no pen pressure but Intuos does
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Your problem may be how you have thing configured.  By the way Photoshop CC also has the mini bridge. It uses Flash Panels that support was removed fro Photoshop in CC 2014.

CS6 is an older version of Photoshop and may only support Wacom Pens via WinTab API s.  CC 2017 can support Either Microsoft INK API s or WinTap API s.  I also have CS2 installed also which only supports Wacom Pens via WinTab API s.  So I configure Wacom Tablet device Preferences for Photoshop and Un-check use Microsoft INK in the pen mapping section.

Photoshop Creative cloud version of Photoshop that default to use Microsoft INK I change to use WinTab API s.  You do this by adding a file name "PSUserConfig.txt" to your User ID Photoshop preferences for the version of Photoshop. It containd two lines

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Capture.jpg

• 2. Re: Cintiq 27qhd Touch Win 10 + CS6 side button erase has no pen pressure but Intuos does
            wiiseong Level 1

I'm not sure I understand what you mean that  CC has the mini bridge because from what I've seen and been told, PS CC 2017 does not have mini bridge and it was taken out in CC 2014.

Also I have already tried the PSUserConfig.txt with those lines for my CS6 and it does not help.

As a reminder, my problem is that when using the cintiq 27qhd with CS6, my keybinded side button (the binding is for "erase") does not give me pen pressure when I draw. It works in CC 2017 but not CS6 with only my cintiq. I get pen pressure normally, just not when I try to use the side button for erasing.

• 3. Re: Cintiq 27qhd Touch Win 10 + CS6 side button erase has no pen pressure but Intuos does
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

wiiseong  wrote

I'm not sure I understand what you mean that  CC has the mini bridge because from what I've seen and been told, PS CC 2017 does not have mini bridge and it was taken out in CC 2014.

Photoshop CS6 Has the extension Mini Bridge
              Photoshop CC  Has the extension Mini Bridge
              Photoshop CS 2014 does not
              Photoshop CS 2015 does not
              Photoshop CS 2015.5 does not
              Photoshop CS 2017 does not

Capture.jpg

Also I have already tried the PSUserConfig.txt with those lines for my CS6 and it does not help.

CS6 does not need PSUserConfig.txt in your user ID CS6 Photoshop preferences CS6 only supports Wtntab API s.  CS6 does need  "Use Windows Ink" un-checked in your Photoshop Wacom Tablet Properties Pen Mapping section so your Wacom Device driver will use Wintap API with Photoshop.

Your USER ID  Photoshop CC 2017  Preferences will need PSUserConfig.txt when  "Use Windows Ink" un-checked in your Photoshop Wacom Tablet Properties Pen Mapping section.

I only have a Wacom Intuos so I can only show it Properties for Pen Mapping where I un-check "Use Windows Ink"

Capture.jpg