Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Date Created property changes when file modified

Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a random occurrence happening on all version of Adobe we use, including Reader 10 - DC and Acrobat 9-15.  When an end user modifies a file on our server both e 'date modified' and 'date created' properties are changed.  SO now it is impossible to determine when a file was created because it updates along with dat modified.  HELP!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dwark1979,

When we save changes to the PDF, the 'date modified' of the document reflects the dates when the changes are made.

However, the 'date created' of the PDF remains the same.

To check these dates, you need to check the document properties.

Open the file and go to File menu > Properties > General. There you can view the date on which the form created and modified.

As you said, 'date modified' and 'date created' properties changes, do you mean that both the dates changes?

Or you are referring to something else?

It will be helpful if you can share the screenshot of the changes that you are referring to.

To add the screenshot here, please use the insert icon provided on the reply window as shown below:

Capture screenshot.PNG

Once you click on this icon, you get a small window.

Click on Insert Image and then browse the location where you have saved the screenshot file.

Select the file and click on Open > Insert Image.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

I'm having the same issue and have encountered it for over a year.  The DATE CREATED information changes each time a file is modified.  The screenshot below is a file that was created over a week ago.  The file was not moved, only its contents edited.  I have only noticed this happening with PDF files (we use Adobe Standard and Pro), not with WORD (.doc) or EXCEL files.

Our IT department couldn't figure out an answer.

If I could have DATE CREATED and DATE MODIFIED remain distinct, it would be very useful.  Thank you in advance for your thoughts on this matter.

stacyk96024376

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems normal for the file container. But the PDF's own properties should tell the full story. Please look under File > Properties in Acrobat or Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when I go under FILE > PROPERTIES in Adobe Acrobat, the DATE CREATED is accurate.  However, I want to be able to see an accurate DATE CREATED when in Internet Explorer, in list format.  It's a very useful feature for file organization purposes.  When DATE CREATED changes, I lose functionality that was previously available when it was accurate.

Keep in mind, I am referring to files that have not been moved.  I have simply modified content (for example, highlighting text, deleting the highlight and then saving "changes").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do Save As, rather than Save, the PDF file will be recreated. That is at least one way these dates can get out of step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naw...definitely doing just SAVE (ALT F + S, not ALT F + A).  It's happening with all PDF files.  Started happening about two years ago.  Not sure what caused the change.

I appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, I ran into this issue recently. Adobe Acrobat Reader version 2021.005.20058

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines