• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change a PDF to have 2 pages per screen?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like the first and last page to only have 1 page per screen. Just like a magazine.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

You can do this in Acrobat's View menu: View>Page Display>Two Page View and View>Page Display>Show Cover Page in Two Page View will give you that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this in Acrobat's View menu: View>Page Display>Two Page View and View>Page Display>Show Cover Page in Two Page View will give you that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've got some old magazine PDFs but they are only 1 page per screen. If change them to 2 pages per screen will that lose quality when I save the PDF? I have some PDF magazines that are just images saved as a PDF and some are proper magazines with selectable text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using this setting you aren't changing them, and it doesn't save. It's just how you view the file, not anyone else. If you want to impose the file that's a whole different ball game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is also possible to set the initial view of the PDF using the "Properties" of the PDF. This will affect how all other users of this file view the PDF.

InitialviewPages.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. So I assume if I change the view for others that it doesn't recompress the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't. It just changes the way the file behaves when opened.

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 11:20 AM, DaveyNames <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want 2 pages per physical page then you need to use an imposition program to create or alter the PDF. Since the same amount of text and information will still be contained withing the PDF I would not expect it to be much smaller in size. If you need to reduce the size of the PDF you can try to Optimize the PDF by changing the compression method s used to create the images and lowering the overall quality of the PDF. But this is also very limited in how much the PDF's size will be reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange that Acrobat can't save a PDF with forced 2 pages per screen. What program will do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One can set the "Initial View" to display 2 pages at time as well as the zoom factor and initial page. There are 4 different options for the "Two Up" display that includes allowance for a cover page and continuous viewing. You need to look at the "PDF Properties" for the open PDF.

See my earlier post with the image of the PDF Properties pop-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines