5 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2006 11:37 AM by Newsgroup_User

converting quicktime video into flash files

rhian
      Hi,
      Is there anyway I can convert a quick time video into a flash file quick easily and cheaply? I've found some software made by Sorenson but it's quite expensive. Any ideas?
      Cheers
        • 1. Re: converting quicktime video into flash files
          Bohillian Level 1
          Depending on which version of Flash you are using, a video importer is included. Both Flash MX 2004 Professional and Flash 8 Professional have video importers built-in. I've never used the basic versions so I am not sure what they include.

Are you using Quicktime Pro? It's pretty cheap (around $40 U.S.) and it allows you to export the file into any number of formats that you may be able to use in Flash.

Lemme know if this helps,

Bohillian

• 2. Re: converting quicktime video into flash files
            rhian Level 1
            Hi,
            Thanks for your reply. I am using Flash 8. I've been looking into streaming and it's very expensive with quicktime movies, however I've found a company that will stream flash movies much more cheaply which is why I want to convert it to a flash movie.

Sorry are you say that Quicktime Pro allows you convert files into flash formats?
            Rhian
            • 3. Re: converting quicktime video into flash files
              Level 7
              i don't think you have read up on the use of flash video (FLV). there's nothing you need that you do
              not already have (except maybe quicktime pro or some other video editing program). the FLV exporter
              comes FREE with flash 8. You should be able to open your quicktime movie in QT PRO and export to FLV
              format - then use any of the flash playback components for FLV files - best bet is to read the help
              docs on this subject and go to the devnet section of adobe.com where there are several in-depth
              articles about implementing flash video into your site.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
              --> www.mudbubble.com
              --> www.keyframer.com

rhian wrote:
              > Hi,
              > Thanks for your reply. I am using Flash 8. I've been looking into streaming
              > and it's very expensive with quicktime movies, however I've found a company
              > that will stream flash movies much more cheaply which is why I want to convert
              > it to a flash movie.
              >
              > Sorry are you say that Quicktime Pro allows you convert files into flash
              > formats?
              > Rhian
              >
              • 5. Re: converting quicktime video into flash files
                Level 7
                you can use, import in flash pro 8 and republish the file under Flash,
                hope that help