2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2017 11:58 AM by bruces18156079

One Pupil Moves, Other Doesn't

bruces18156079 Level 1

Newbie - New rig - Blink works, and the left pupil follows the camera, but the right pupil does not!

I've looked at the character, and I cannot see any attribute differences between the two eyes, other than obviously, left vs right symmetry.

I've also compared this to some of the "Example Characters" and the only difference I see is for PUPIL RANGE both the eyeball AND range are blue, but this is the way the rig auto-imports from Photoshop. Again tho, the left eye works fine, but the right eye is stuck

Any suggestions?

ScreenHunter_143 Jun. 15 18.10.jpg

ScreenHunter_144 Jun. 15 18.11.jpg

ScreenHunter_145 Jun. 15 18.11.jpg

ScreenHunter_146 Jun. 15 18.12.jpg

ScreenHunter_147 Jun. 15 18.38.jpg

ScreenHunter_148 Jun. 15 18.39.jpg

• 1. Re: One Pupil Moves, Other Doesn't
          oksamurai Employee Moderator

My best guess is because everything is grouped, you may be double-tagging things. If you only tag the top groups and not the contents, does that help at all?

So for example, only tagging the +Left Pupil group as a left pupil, not the Left Pupil layer that appears inside.

If that doesn't help, could you share here or DM me your .puppet file (File > Export > Puppet) via a shared link on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Creative Cloud to take a closer look?

• 2. Re: One Pupil Moves, Other Doesn't
            bruces18156079 Level 1

Problem Solved!

1) The guide-to-tagging I used in Photoshop to create what you see in the jpg's above was either incorrect or out-of-date. I removed ++ from Left Pupil and Right Pupil "GROUPS", and tagged only the LAYERS +Left Pupil and +Right Pupil.

2) oksamurai was kind enough to point out that Head had become untagged, so it was changed to +Head. Also he tagged the view as FRONTAL.

Everything works now. Thank you so much for your help!