Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to share on line complete LR catalog

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my son needs to access remotely my complete LR catalog.

So far, no problem for sharing specific collections with my CC subscription with LR Mobile.

Assuming I make public all my collections in advance, how can he access all the collections at once without me granting him access on a one to one basis?

I tried creative cloud ant its assets, but it seems that only files can be shared, not catalogs.

Thank you for your help

Recommandation (0) • Répondre

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply upload your stuff to Flickr or Google Photos via the built-in functions in LR. You are over-complicating this.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really.

My catalog is changing all the time and I do not want to re upload at every change.

Moreover, we are talking about 28000 pictures. Too large for flier or google photo.

Any other idea?

Thank you for your input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"no problem for sharing specific collections with my CC subscription with LR Mobile."

"My catalog is changing all the time and I do not want to re upload at every change."

So create a big collection with every photo, and share that?

Or use remote access software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I would moose of the structure of the catalog and end up with just a bunch of 28K pictures in one single collection.

You cannot sync a group of collection apparently.

Remote access software is not helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then just sync more than one collection.

Stick a copy of the catalogue on Dropbox?

Also, define what you mean by "share". Do you mean allow to see, or allow to edit?

Why isn't remote access software helpful? If you don't explain your goals, you're just going to get suggestions that would be helpful in similar circumstances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John,

Thank you for your answer.

Sync more than one collection: not good, I will have to maintain all, pictures up to date in these collections.

dropbox: not good since the catalog would be useless without LR on the recipient side

Share meaning: granting access to all pictures, all the time, with downloading capability.

I still think that the best option is to find a way to share the entire LR catalog the same way you share a given collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoreportages13  wrote

dropbox: not good since the catalog would be useless without LR on the recipient side

The catalog would be local on the recipient side in their Dropbox folder on their hard drive.

That's how Dropbox works. Local Dropbox > Sync > Dropbox Remote > Sync > Local Dropbox

After Dropbox sync'ing is complete, Lightroom sees the catalog in the Local Dropbox folder on the recipient's hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

That option requires the recepient to have a valid LR licence instead of just clicking on a link as usual to access all the pictures.

Le 20 juin 2017 à 08:54, John Waller <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

You have been mentioned

by John Waller <https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+Waller?et=notification.mention> in Re: Need to share on line complete LR catalog in Adobe Community - View John Waller's reference to you <https://forums.adobe.com/message/9658230?et=notification.mention#9658230>

photoreportages13 <https://forums.adobe.com/people/photoreportages13>  wrote

The catalog would be local on the recipient side in their Dropbox folder on their hard drive.

That's how Dropbox works. Dropbox Local > Sync > Dropbox Remote > Sync > Dropbox Local

Participate in the conversation by replying to this email

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe <https://forums.adobe.com/unsubscribe.jspa?email=photoreportages13%40gmail.com&token=b099230669652924...> instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences <https://forums.adobe.com/user-preferences!input.jspa>

Photoreportages13

(Email address removed by Moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoreportages13  wrote

That option requires the recepient to have a valid LR licence

Ok. Understood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before we go further into potential solutions, please describe in great detail the goals you are trying to accomplish regarding the "access remotely my complete LR catalog". Once we have a better understanding of the problem, we can probably come up with a good solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ManiacJoe,

Thank you for your answer.

Share meaning: granting access to all pictures, all the time, with downloading capability, reading and download only.

I still think that the best option is to find a way to share the entire LR catalog the same way you share a given collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoreportages13  wrote

Share meaning: granting access to all pictures, all the time, with downloading capability, reading and download only.

Then I don't think you have any alternative to those suggested. You can't share the entire catalogue. But sharing via Lr on the Web would allow you to share all the photos and offer downloading, without the need for your son to run Lightroom.

So it's back to using collections - "Sync more than one collection: not good, I will have to maintain all, pictures up to date in these collections." Depends what you mean by "maintain". Any adjustments are automatically synced to the web, so maintenance is probably just adding new photos to them. Is that so onerous?

Synced collections can only be dumb collections, but a tip is to use a smart collection in conjunction with them. The criterion would be Collection Name / Doesn't Contain / xxxx where the xxxx is a common word used in your synced collections' names - eg "Joe". If all photos are in Florida Vacations - Joe and Pets - Joe , the smart collection will be zero. If some photos need adding to the Joe collections, the smart collection will have a number. Other variations on this would let you quickly see what maintenance is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see the problem is that all 28 K pictures will be in one big collection since a group^of collections cannot be synced.

I will look into the second tip although I do not think it will solve my problem since I want to be able to keep my collection tree.

Edited by Moderator.

​PLEASE STOP POSTING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE STOP POSTING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see why one big collection might not be the way to go, but you could use a small number of collections. Childhood, Vacations, Teenage, Wider Family etc. Or just sync your existing collections, which means each one individually. Whatever route you follow, you can sync all 28000, allow downloads, and avoid him installing Lightroom, so you're meeting a few of your requirements, just not all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, no need to yell at me.

Second, I do not understand your no post email address.

Where did you see it and when?

Hubert Toubiana

Le 20 juin 2017 à 09:53, john beardsworth <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

created by john beardsworth in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

I can see why one big collection might not be the way to go, but you could use a small number of collections. Childhood, Vacations, Teenage, Wider Family etc. Or just sync your existing collections, which means each one individually. Whatever route you follow, you can sync all 28000, allow downloads, and avoid him installing Lightroom, so you're meeting a few of your requirements, just not all.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9658242#9658242 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9658242#9658242

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been in your last 2 replies. You are probably replying by Email and an email address gets included.

Along with the long quote as above on a grey background.

Try logging into the forum site from a computer or strip out the quoting of the email you received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

May be you can explain to a forum newbie why this is such a problem ?

Hubert Toubiana

Le 20 juin 2017 à 10:20, Just Shoot Me <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

created by Just Shoot Me in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

It has been in your last 2 replies. You are probably replying by Email and an email address gets included.

Along with the long quote as above on a grey background.

Try logging into the forum site from a computer or strip out the quoting of the email you received.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9658321#9658321 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9658321#9658321

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not a problem for me but you will start getting tons of spam. Have at it. I won't bother editing any more of your posts.

Best of luck sharing your LR catalog with your son.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines