• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splitting the project in 3 parts along the curvey

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to split my canvas in 3 parts along the curve just like in the picture attached. Can someone point me for good tutorial how to do that please.

Thankscharitty run.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend using Groups and Vector Masks.

groupsWithVectorMasksScr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you make that curve and then copy it to make white curve area?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Pen Tool to create an appropriate Path.

To duplicate a Vector Mask to another Layer/Group alt-drag it in the Layers Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would highly agree with using vector mask for you will be able to resize you layer document well when vectors are used like Text and shapes layers.

The Pen tool take some time to use well but can be very precise and edited.  In fact  to use the Pen tool well you will have to edit  the pen point you create.  Even when you have mastered the pen tool it takes time to use the pen tool to create a good path tracing an object.  Often you can save some time by letting Photoshop Create the path and edit Photoshop Path to make it better.  The Quick selection tool can often be used to quickly select the object to be traced and that selection Photoshop can quickly to a Path you can edit. 

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An other way to look at your project is layers. An Image file canvas can not be actually be split they are a single rectangular area. You should build you project composite using Photoshop layer. You can use Layer groups to compose your composite image in your three sections.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines