• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Snippets after Upgrade

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After this latest upgrade, all my custom snippets are missing. I looked in the C:\Users\creco\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2017 Backups and the folder was empty. Any other options?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

You are looking in the wrong configuration folder...

/Macintosh HD/Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CS6/Configuration/Snippets

...is the actual program folder and will only contain default items. To find your home-made Snippets, you need to look into the personal configuration folder. That can be found at...

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS6/ <your language> /Configuration/Snippets

When searching, make sure the ~ character is in your spotlight search bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try this location?

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2017\en_US\Configuration\Snippets\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Dw CC. See my snippets in the Dw 2015 app but can't find them in the Finder (oddly they are not in /Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CS6/Configuration/Snippets) to copy them to /Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CS6/Configuration/Snippets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, you will find a Custom Snippets folder inside 

Drive:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC [version]\en_US\Configuration\Snippets\Custom

Make sure your Finder/File Manager is set to show hidden files & folders.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turned on hidden files but don't see a "Custom" folder in /Macintosh HD/Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CS6/Configuration/Snippets

In Dw 2015, created snippets folder called "CHR_Dw_2015_Snippets" then added a test snippet. Closed Dw. Search in Finder for "CHR_Dw_2015_Snippets" and get no hits. Very odd. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking in the wrong configuration folder...

/Macintosh HD/Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CS6/Configuration/Snippets

...is the actual program folder and will only contain default items. To find your home-made Snippets, you need to look into the personal configuration folder. That can be found at...

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS6/ <your language> /Configuration/Snippets

When searching, make sure the ~ character is in your spotlight search bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS VERY VERY

MUCH 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  That worked for me. After locating the snippets folder from my DW cs5,  i quit DW, duped it and moved the dupe to the DW cs6 folder described in John Fritz‘s solution.  I fixed the name of the copied folder back to ”Snippets”

When I relaunched DW cs6, there they all were!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines