3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2017 4:22 PM by wobertc

Black Screen Lightroom CC 2015.10.1

TecTao

I have been spending all morning researching how to repair this issue.  Even reset preferences as recommended in one post.

Same problem as others.  I bring in the photos I want.  They are virtual copies but I've done that before.

Select the simple template, uncheck all the boxes on the right except for background color, click preview and only black screen.

Is there a fix for this?

• 1. Re: Black Screen Lightroom CC 2015.10.1
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

It was a known bug in earlier versions but supposedly fixed- Lightroom: Slideshow not working, only getting black screen | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Not being rude- but are you positive you have CC2015.10.1 ?

Edit:  And update your graphic card drivers. (Also have GPU Acceleration turned off in the Performance tab of preferences)

• 2. Re: Black Screen Lightroom CC 2015.10.1
            TecTao Level 1

Thanks, I didn't take it as rude, you need correct information.  Below is a partial documentation from system information in Lightroom.

The last time I created a slideshow mp4 was May 2016 and I would have been using my old copy non cloud version.

I do see that near the end the Graphic Processor: failed.  But this shouldn't have anything to do with reviewing and exporting.  I did export the slide show to see if it created an mp4 that was viewable, it did not.

Thanks for your help.

Lightroom version: CC 2015.10.1 [ 1117303 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 7

Version: 6.1

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 2.8 GHz

Built-in memory: 24567.1 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 24567.1 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 675.0 MB (2.7%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 785.7 MB

GDI objects count: 387

USER objects count: 1046

Process handles count: 1055

Memory cache size: 147.3MB / 5885.7MB (2.5%)

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 40MB / 12283MB (0%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: No

Displays: 1) 1920x1200, 2) 1024x768, 3) 1920x1200

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

Check OpenGL support: Failed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 3.3.11554 Core Profile Context

Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

LanguageVersion: 3.30

• 3. Re: Black Screen Lightroom CC 2015.10.1
              wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Graphic Processor: failed.  But this shouldn't have anything to do with reviewing

Perhaps it does!

It might help to search for other advice about the Graphic car drivers. I do not have the expertise to advise further.

Others with Graphics problems- Updated AMD Graphics Card and now Lightroom stops working

"incorrectly-rendered windows or objects..." found in this link- Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

and this link- Adobe Camera Raw graphics processor (GPU) FAQ and troubleshooting

Also post your question in the forum at- Photoshop Family Customer Community  You are more likely to get an Adobe staff member with information that reads the post.